Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Food security, poverty, and human development in the United States.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008; 1136: 193-209
- Household food insecurity: associations with at-risk infant and toddler development.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 65-72
- Food insecurity and the risks of depression and anxiety in mothers and behavior problems in their preschool-aged children.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e859-e868
- Food insecurity and children's mental health: a prospective birth cohort study.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e52615
- Food insecurity and mental disorders in a national sample of US adolescents.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2012; 51: 1293-1303
- Childhood adversity and adult reports of food insecurity among households with children.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 50: 561-572
- Influence of maternal depression on household food Insecurity folow-income families.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 305-310
- Household Food Security in the United States in 2014. United States Department of Agriculture Economic Research Report 194.2015 (Available at:)Accessed October 18, 2016)
- Redesigning health care practices to address childhood poverty.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16: S136-S146
- Addressing social determinants of health at well child care visits: a cluster RCT.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e296-e304
Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center. Survey of Well-being of Young Children (SWYC). Available at: http://www.theswyc.org/. Accessed September 14, 2016.
- Development of a brief questionnaire to identify families in need of legal advocacy to improve child health.Ambul Pediatr. 2008; 8: 266-269
- Revisiting the social history for child health.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e734-e738
Health Leads. Social needs screening toolkit. Available at: https://healthleadsusa.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Health-Leads-Screening-Toolkit-July-2016.pdf. Accessed November 9, 2016.
Bright Futures, Pediatric intake form. Available at: http://www.brightfutures.org/mentalhealth/pdf/professionals/ped_intake_form.pdf. Accessed September 14, 2016.
Bickel G, Nord M, Price C, et al. Guide to measuring household food security. US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Office of Analysis, Nutrition, and Evaluation. Available at: http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/FSGuide.pdf. Revised 2000. Accessed November 9, 2016.
- Validity of a single item food security questionnaire in Arctic Canada.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e1616-e1623
USDA ERS. Definitions of food security. Available at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/definitions-of-food-security.aspx. Accessed November 9, 2016.
- Preventing early adolescent substance use: a family-centered strategy for the public middle school.Prev Sci. 2002; 3: 191-201
- Youths' health-related social problems: concerns often overlooked during the medical visit.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 53: 265-271
- The effectiveness of a short form of the Household Food Security Scale.Am J Public Health. 1999; 89: 1231-1234
- Associations between housing instability and food insecurity with health care access in low-income children.Ambul Pediatr. 2008; 8: 50-57
- Household food insecurity: a systematic review of the measuring instruments used in epidemiological studies.Public Health Nutr. 2015; 18: 877-892
- Moving from social risk assessment and identification to intervention and treatment.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16: 97-98
- Screening for social determinants of health among children and families living in poverty: a guide for clinicians.Curr Probl Pediatr Adolesc Health Care. 2016; 46: 135-153
- Improving social determinants of health: effectiveness of a Web-based intervention.Am J Prev Med. 2015; 49: 822-831
United States Department of Agriculture. Food security in the US. Key statistics and graphics. Updated 2016. Available at: http://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/food-nutrition-assistance/food-security-in-the-us/key-statistics-graphics.aspx. Accessed October 18, 2016.
- Prevalence of domestic violence in the United States.J Am Med Womens Assoc. 1996; 51: 77-82
Weinfield NS, Mills G, Borger C, et al. Hunger in America, 2014: National Report Prepared for Feeding America. Chicago, IL. Available at: http://help.feedingamerica.org/HungerInAmerica/hunger-in-america-2014-full-report.pdf. Accessed November 9, 2016.
Conflict of Interest: Dr Rhodes receives research funding from Merck. The other authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.