Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The impact of electronic media on mental and somatic children's health.Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2007; 210: 555-562
- The debate over digital technology and young people.BMJ. 2015; 351: h3064
- American Academy of Pediatrics: children, adolescents, and television.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 423
- How should activity guidelines for young people be operationalised?.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2007; 4: 43-48
- Association between child and adolescent television viewing and adult health: a longitudinal birth cohort study.Lancet. 2004; 364: 257-262
- Effects of violent video games on aggressive behavior, aggressive cognition, aggressive affect, physiological arousal, and prosocial behavior: a meta-analytic review of the scientific literature.Psychol Sci. 2001; 12: 353-359
- Effects of viewing relational aggression on television on aggressive behavior in adolescents: a three-year longitudinal study.Dev Psychol. 2016; 52: 284-295
- Longitudinal relations between children's exposure to TV violence and their aggressive and violent behavior in young adulthood: 1977-1992.Dev Psychol. 2003; 39: 201
- Factors correlated with violent video game use by adolescent boys and girls.J Adolesc Health. 2007; 41: 77-83
- Interrelationships of adolescent physical activity, screen-based sedentary behaviour, and social and psychological health.Int J Public Health. 2009; 54: 191-198
- Patterns of adolescent physical activity, screen-based media use, and positive and negative health indicators in the US and Canada.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 44: 493-499
- Electronic media use and adolescent health and well-being: cross-sectional community study.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 307-314
- Children's screen viewing is related to psychological difficulties irrespective of physical activity.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e1011-e1017
- Effects of video-game ownership on young boys' academic and behavioral functioning: a randomized, controlled study.Psychol Sci. 2010; 21: 463-470
- The neural basis of video gaming.Transl Psychiatry. 2011; 1: e53
- New developments on the neurobiological and pharmaco-genetic mechanisms underlying internet and videogame addiction.Am J Addict. 2015; 24: 117-125
- Media use in school-aged children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2016; 138: e20162592
- Psychological distress, television viewing, and physical activity in children aged 4 to 12 years.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 1263-1268
- Associations between media use and health in US children.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 300-306
- The influence of violent media on children and adolescents: a public-health approach.Lancet. 2005; 365: 702-710
- Association between media use in adolescence and depression in young adulthood: a longitudinal study.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2009; 66: 181-188
- Media use and ADHD-related behaviors in children and adolescents: a meta-analysis.Dev Psychol. 2014; 50: 2228
- Study protocol: the Childhood to Adolescence Transition Study (CATS).BMC Pediatrics. 2013; 13: 160
- Psychometric properties of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2001; 40: 1337-1345
- Parent reports of mental health concerns and functional impairment on routine screening with the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 412-420
Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. The State of Victoria's Children 2010. Available at: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/Documents/about/research/sovc2010.pdf. Accessed November 15, 2016.
- The relationship of Internet use to depression and social isolation among adolescents.Adolescence. 2000; 35: 237
Pew Research Center. Lenhart A, Kahne J, Middaugh E, et al. Part 1.1: Who Is Playing Games? Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/2008/09/16/part-1-1-who-is-playing-games/. Accessed November 11, 2016.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.