Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Policy statement: organizational principles to guide and define the child health care system and/or improve the health of all children.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1545-1547
- Building medical homes: improvement strategies in primary care for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1499-1506
Measuring medical home for children and youth. Methods and findings from the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs and the National Survey of Children's Health. Available at: http://www.childhealthdata.org/docs/medical-home/mhmanual_withappendices-updated-12-7-10-pdf. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Medical home and out-of-pocket medical costs for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 892-900
American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American College of Physicians (ACP), American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Joint principles of the patient-centered medical home. March 2007. Available at: http://www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/documents/practice_management/pcmh/initiatives/PCMHJoint.pdf. Accessed March 18, 2016.
Fleming C. Health Policy Brief: Patient-Centered Medical Homes. Vol 2016: Health Affairs; September 15, 2010. Available at: http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2010/09/15/health-policy-brief-patient-centered-medical-homes/. Accessed April 8, 2016.
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. California. Medical Home Performance Profile for Children With Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN). Data Source: 2009/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (NS-CSHCN). Available at: http://www.childhealthdata.org/docs/medical-home/2009-10-mhreports_ca-705.pdf?sfvrsn=2. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Care coordination services in pediatric practices.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1517-1521
- Barriers to care for children and youth with special health care needs: perceptions of Illinois pediatricians.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2012; 51: 39-45
- The capacity of primary care pediatricians to care for children with special health care needs.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2013; 52: 310-314
- Periodic Survey of Fellows #79.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, IL2012
- Comfort of general internists and general pediatricians in providing care for young adults with chronic illnesses of childhood.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 1621-1627
- Physician views on barriers to primary care for young adults with childhood-onset chronic disease.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e748-e754
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-140
- Primary Care: America's Health in a New Era.National Academy Press, Washington, DC1996
- The medical home.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 184-186
- A national profile of caregiver challenges among more medically complex children with special health care needs.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 1020-1026
- A survey of the preferences of primary care physicians regarding the comanagement with specialists of children with rare or complex conditions.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2014; 53: 566-570
- Medical homes for children with special health care needs: primary care or subspecialty service?.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 1: 366-372
- Nurse navigation: supporting patients and their families through the health-care system.Alta RN. 2008; 64: 19
- Consultative care coordination through the medical home for CSHCN: a randomized controlled trial.Matern Child Health J. 2011; 15: 1110-1118
- Reasons for unmet need for child and family health services among children with special health care needs with and without medical homes.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e82570
- The role of health advocacy in transitions from pediatric to adult care for children with special health care needs: bridging families, provider and community services.J Pediatr Nurs. 2015; 30: 714-723
- A randomized trial of population-based clinical decision support to manage health and resource use for Medicaid beneficiaries.J Med Syst. 2013; 37: 9922
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.