Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Health research priority setting in selected high income countries: a narrative review of methods used and recommendations for future practice.Cost Eff Resour Alloc. 2014; 12: 23
- The NIMH blueprint for change report: research priorities in child and adolescent mental health.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2002; 41: 760-767
- The health of Latino children: urgent priorities, unanswered questions, and a research agenda.JAMA. 2002; 288: 82-90
- Improving children's oral health: an interdisciplinary research framework.J Dent Res. 2014; 93: 938-942
- Implementation science in school mental health: key constructs in a developing research agenda.School Ment Health. 2014; 6: 99-111
- Research priorities for developmental–behavioral pediatrics: a DBPNet consensus study.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2012; 33: 509-516
- A call to action: setting the research agenda for addressing obesity and weight-related topics in children with physical disabilities.Child Obes. 2016; 12: 59-69
- Child health services research. Challenges and opportunities.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1787-1793
- Improving the quality of healthcare for children: implementing the results of the AHSR research agenda conference.Health Serv Res. 1998; 33: 955-976
- The family-centered medical home: specific considerations for child health research and policy.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 211-217
- Health literacy and quality: focus on chronic illness care and patient safety.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S315-S326
- Assessing proxy reports: agreement between children with asthma and their caregivers on quality of life.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2013; 111: 14-19
- Assessing the quality of healthcare provided to children.Health Serv Res. 1998; 33: 1059-1090
- Measuring the quality of children’s health care: a prerequisite to action.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 185-198
- Why we need to build a culture of health in the United States.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 846-848
- A population framework for setting national and state health goals.JAMA. 2008; 299: 2081-2083
- Mapping America’s Future, Brief 2. Evolving Patterns in Diversity.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2015
- World Population Ageing: 1950–2050. Changing Balance Between Age Groups.2001 (Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2017)
- Approaches, tools and methods used for setting priorities in health research in the 21st century.J Glob Health. 2016; 6: 010507
- The legacy of the Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI).J Glob Health. 2016; 6: 010101
Pooler J. Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI) approach to research priority setting. Available at: http://methods.cochrane.org/prioritysetting/blog/child-health-and-nutrition-research-initiative-chnri-approach-research-priority-setting. Accessed January 12, 2017.
- Research agenda for preterm birth: recommendations from the March of Dimes.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2005; 193: 626-635
- Strategic Plan 2000: From Cells to Selves. Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Washington, DC2000 (Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2017)
- Children and US federal policy on health and health care: seen but not heard.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 1155-1163
- Priority or Afterthought? Children and the Federal Budget.First Focus, Alexandria, Va2016
- The Case for Investing in Child Health as a Matter of Our Nation's Security, Economy, and Well-being.Children's Hospital Association, Washington, DC2016
- Mediators and adverse effects of child poverty in the United States.Pediatrics. 2016; 137: e20160340
- Kids' SHARE 2016: Federal Expenditures on Children Through 2015 and Future Projections.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2016
- Child health research funding and policy: imperatives and investments for a healthier world.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 1259-1265
- Did a rising tide lift all boats? The NIH budget and pediatric research portfolio.Health Aff (Millwood). 2004; 23: 113-124
- United States biomedical research impacting child health and the growth of the National Institutes of Health funding to pediatric departments and children's hospitals.J Pediatr. 2014; 164: 1248-1249.e1241
- Childhood origins of adult health: a basis for life-course health policy.Health Aff (Millwood). 2004; 23: 155-164
- The child is father of the man, and mother of the woman.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: e1411-e1412
- Building on a life-course perspective in maternal and child health.Matern Child Health J. 2003; 7: 5-11
- Racial and ethnic disparities in birth outcomes: a life-course perspective.Matern Child Health J. 2003; 7: 13-30
- Children’s Health, the Nation’s Wealth: Assessing and Improving Child Health. Committee on Evaluation of Children’s Health; Board on Children, Youth, and Families; Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2004
Joslyn H. Words that change minds. Chronicle of Philanthropy, September 2016. Available at: https://www.frameworksinstitute.org/assets/files/PDF/chroniclephilanthropy_wordsthatchangeminds_2016.pdf. Accessed May 22, 2017.
FrameWorks Academy. Available at: http://www.frameworksinstitute.org/frameworks-academy.html. Accessed December 12, 2016.
National Poll on Children’s Health. Available at: http://mottnpch.org/. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Lessons from the story of early child development: domain decisions and framing youth development.New Dir Youth Dev. 2009; 124: 119-134
- Framing and reframing.J Adolesc Health. 1997; 21: 215-217
- The Power of Levelness: Making Child Mental Health Visible and Concrete Through a Simplifying Model: A FrameWorks Research Report.FrameWorks Institute, Washington, DC2010
- From gulf to bridge: when do moral arguments facilitate political influence?.Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 2015; 41: 1665-1681
- Framing Child Poverty by Telling a Development Story: A FrameWorks Message Brief. FrameWorks Institute, Washington, DC2009 (Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2017)
- The role of public health insurance in reducing child poverty.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16: S98-S104
The Heckman Equation. Invest in early childhood development: reduce deficits, strengthen the economy. Available at: https://heckmanequation.org/resource/invest-in-early-childhood-development-reduce-deficits-strengthen-the-economy/. Accessed May 22, 2017.
- Neighborhood adversity, child health, and the role for community development.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: S48-S57
- Two-generation programs in the twenty-first century.Future Child. 2014; 24: 13-40
- Introduction: two-generation mechanism of child development.Future Child. 2014; 24: 3-12
- Stress and child development.Future Child. 2014; 24: 41-60
Kids Count Data Center. Available at: http://datacenter.kidscount.org/. Accessed October 6, 2016.
- US health in international perspective: shorter lives, poorer health.in: Woolf S.H. Aron L. Panel on Understanding Cross-National Health Differences Among High-Income Countries. Committee on Population, Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, and Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice. National Academies Press, Washington, DC2013
- Socioeconomic differences in children’s health: how and why do these relationships change with age?.Psychol Bull. 2002; 128: 295-329
- Racial and socioeconomic disparities in childhood mortality in Boston.N Engl J Med. 1985; 313: 360-366
- Long-term consequences of child abuse and neglect.2013 (Available at:)Accessed July 13, 2017)
Brown DW, Kowlaski AE, Lurie IZ. Medicaid as an investment in children: what is the long-term impact on tax receipts? NBER Working Paper 20835. January 2015. Available at: http://www.nber.org/papers/w20835. Accessed May 22, 2017.
- The effect of an increased minimum wage on infant mortality and birth weight.Am J Public Health. 2016; 106: 1514-1516
Internal Revenue Service. Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC). Available at: https://www.irs.gov/credits-deductions/individuals/earned-income-tax-credit. Accessed July 13, 2017.
- Taxing the Poor: State Income Tax Policies Make a Big Difference to Working Families.National Center for Children in Poverty, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York2014 (Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2017)
- Welfare reform and children’s health.Health Econ. 2016; 25: 277-291
- Promotion of positive parenting and prevention of socioemotional disparities.Pediatrics. 2016; 137: e20153239
Waldfogel J. Tackling child poverty and improving child well-being: lessons from Britain. Available at: http://fcd-us.org/resources/tackling-child-poverty-and-improving-child-well-being-lessons-britain. Accessed February 20, 2015.
- Social inequalities in health: a proper concern of epidemiology.Ann Epidemiol. 2016; 26: 238-240
- Widening rural–urban disparities in youth suicides, United States, 1996–2010.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 466-473
- Mental health disorders, psychological distress, and suicidality in a diverse sample of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youths.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 2426-2432
- Children and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: opportunities and challenges in an evolving system.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 225-233
- Committee on Pediatric Research. Race, ethnicity, and socioeconomic status in research on child health.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e225-e237
- Annual report on health care for children and youth in the United States: trends in racial/ethnic, income, and insurance disparities over time, 2002–2009.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 191-203
- Factors predicting overweight in US kindergartners.Am J Clin Nutr. 2013; 97: 1178-1187
- Racial/ethnic disparities in health and health care among US adolescents.Health Serv Res. 2012; 47: 2031-2059
- Health care for children and youth in the United States: annual report on patterns of coverage, utilization, quality, and expenditures by a county level of urban influence.Ambul Pediatr. 2006; 6: 241-264
- Racial disparities in pediatric asthma: a review of the literature.Curr Allergy Asthma Rep. 2010; 11: 85-90
- Disparities in receipt of specialty services among children with mental health need enrolled in the CMHI.Psychiatr Serv. 2015; 66: 242-248
- Child and adolescent health care quality and disparities: are we making progress?.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 137-148
Frey WH. Five charts that show why a post-white america is already here. Available at: https://newrepublic.com/article/120370/five-graphics-show-why-post-white-america-already-here. Accessed December 30, 2015.
- The rise in chronic conditions among infants, children, and youth can be met with continued health system innovations.Health Aff (Millwood). 2014; 33: 2099-2105
- New York City medical care—some problems and prospects.Bull N Y Acad Med. 1963; 39: 343-348
- How “love” and a landmark paper improved health care.2016 (Available at:)Accessed December 12, 2016)
- Child health and access to medical care.Future Child. 2015; 25: 65-90
- SCHIP’s impact in three states: how do the most vulnerable children fare?.Health Aff (Millwood). 2004; 23: 63-75
- The Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act quality measures initiatives: moving forward to improve measurement, care, and child and adolescent outcomes.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S1-S10
- Nine states’ use of collaboratives to improve children’s health care quality in Medicaid and CHIP.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: S95-S102
- Key Lessons from the National Evaluation of the CHIPRA Quality Demonstration Grant Program. Final Summary.Agency for Healthcare Research Quality, Rockville, Md2015 (AHRQ Publication No. 15–0071)
- Opportunities and challenges for adolescent health under the Affordable Care Act.Matern Child Health J. 2015; 19: 2089-2093
- Quality health care for children and the Affordable Care Act: a voltage drop checklist.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 794-802
- State Innovation Models (SIM) Initiative Evaluation: Model Design and Model Pre-test Evaluation Report.RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC2014 (Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2017)
- An overview of delivery system reform incentive payment (DSRIP) waivers.2014 (Available at:)http://kff.org/report-section/an-overview-of-delivery-system-reform-incentive-payment-waivers-issue-brief/(Accessed March 13, 2015)
- Cost saving and quality of care in a pediatric accountable care organization.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e582-e589
- HCIA Disease-Specific Evaluation: Third Annual Report. NORC at the University of Chicago, Chicago, Ill2016 (Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2017)
- Preventable death rates fell where communities expanded population health activities through multisector networks.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 2005-2013
- Cohesive neighborhoods where social expectations are shared may have positive impact on adolescent mental health.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 2083-2091
- Housing affordability and children’s cognitive achievement.Health Aff (Millwood). 2016; 35: 2092-2099
- The adolescence of child health services research.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 509-510
- Promoting education, mentorship, and support for pediatric research.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: 943-949
- The adaptome: advancing the science of intervention adaptation.Am J Prev Med. 2016; 51: S124-S131
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.