Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Time to Heal: American Medical Education From the Turn of the Century to the Era of Managed Care.Oxford University Press, New York1999: 92
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Resident/Fellow and Faculty Surveys. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/Data-Collection-Systems/Resident-Fellow-and-Faculty-Surveys. Accessed May 23, 2016.
- Resident perceptions of service versus clinical education.J Grad Med Educ. 2012; 4: 472
- Service versus education, what are we talking about?.J Surg Educ. 2012; 69: 432-440
- The role of professional identity formation in balancing residency service versus educational needs.J Grad Med Educ. 2016; 8: 154-155
- Service vs. education: situational and perceptional differences in surgery residency.J Surg Educ. 2014; 71: e111-e115
- Defining service and education in the pediatric residency experience: data from resident and program director focus groups.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2017; (In press)
- Defining service and education: the first step to developing the correct balance.Surgery. 2007; 142: 303-310
- Service or education.Arch Surg. 2011; 146: 1389-1395
- Balancing education and service in graduate medical education: data from pediatric trainees and program directors.Acad Med. 2014; 89: 652-657
- Medical education practice-based research networks: facilitating collaborative research.Med Teach. 2016; 38: 64-74
- “Service versus education.” Finding the right balance: a consensus statement from the Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors 2009 academic assembly “Question 19” working group.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: S15-S18
Accreditation Council for Graduation Medical Education. Resident/Fellow and Faculty Surveys. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/Data-Collection-Systems/Resident-Fellow-and-Faculty-Surveys. Accessed May 23, 2016.
- Balancing service and education in residency training: a logical fallacy.JAMA Pediatr. 2016; 170: 101-102
American Board of Pediatrics. Workforce Data. Available at: https://www.abp.org/content/workforce-data. Accessed May 23, 2016.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.