Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevention and control of seasonal influenza with vaccines: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices—United States, 2013–2014.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2013; 62: 1-43
- The annual impact of seasonal influenza in the US: measuring disease burden and costs.Vaccine. 2007; 25: 5086-5096
- Population-based surveillance for hospitalizations associated with respiratory syncytial virus, influenza virus, and parainfluenza viruses among young children.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1758-1764
- Burden of interpandemic influenza in children younger than 5 years: a 25-year prospective study.J Infect Dis. 2002; 185: 147-152
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of indirect protection afforded by vaccinating children against seasonal influenza: implications for policy.Clin Infect Dis. 2017; 65: 719-728
HealthyPeople.gov. Increase the percentage of children aged 6 months through 17 years who are vaccinated annually against seasonal influenza. Available at: https://www.healthypeople.gov/node/6359/data_details#revision_history_header. Accessed November 14, 2017.
- Pediatricians’ attitudes about collaborations with other community vaccinators in the delivery of seasonal influenza vaccine.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 26-35
- Potential burden of universal influenza vaccination of young children on visits to primary care practices.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 821-828
- Effectiveness of primary care-public health collaborations in the delivery of influenza vaccine: a cluster-randomized pragmatic trial.Prev Med. 2014; 69: 110-116
- Population-based versus practice-based recall for childhood immunizations: a randomized controlled comparative effectiveness trial.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 1116-1123
- Collaborative centralized reminder/recall notification to increase immunization rates among young children: a comparative effectiveness trial.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 365-373
- Effectiveness of centralized text message reminders on human papillomavirus immunization coverage for publicly insured adolescents.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 56: S17-S20
- A randomized trial of the effect of centralized reminder/recall on immunizations and preventive care visits for adolescents.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 204-213
- Effect of a text messaging intervention on influenza vaccination in an urban, low-income pediatric and adolescent population: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1702-1708
- Seasonal influenza vaccination reminders for children with high-risk conditions: a registry-based randomized trial.Am J Prev Med. 2012; 42: 71-75
- Statewide pandemic influenza vaccination reminders for children with chronic conditions.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e39-e44
- Provider preferences and experiences with a countywide centralized collaborative reminder/recall for childhood immunizations.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16: 50-56
- Provider attitudes toward public-private collaboration to improve immunization reminder/recall: a mixed-methods study.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 62-70
- The first national adult immunization summit 2012: implementing change through action.Vaccine. 2013; 31: 279-284
- Place of influenza vaccination among children—United States, 2010-11 through 2013-14 influenza seasons.Vaccine. 2016; 34: 1296-1303
American Pharmacists Association. Types of vaccines pharmacists can administer. Available at: http://www.pharmacist.com/sites/default/files/files/1015_PT_63A.pdf. Accessed December 12, 2017.
- How much does a regional immunization registry increase documented immunization rates at primary care sites in rural Colorado.Ambul Pediatr. 2001; 1: 213-216
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Survey results of Colorado state immunization information system legislation. Available at: https://www2a.cdc.gov/vaccines/iis/iissurvey/surveyresult.asp?id=45. Accessed November 14, 2017.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Survey results of state immunization information system legislation. Available at: https://www2a.cdc.gov/vaccines/iis/iissurvey/surveyresult.asp?id=45. Accessed December 12, 2017.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. IISAR data participation rates and maps. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/annual-report-iisar/rates-maps-table.html. Accessed November 14, 2017.
- How to obtain excellent response rates when surveying physicians.Fam Pract. 2009; 26: 65-68
- Internet, Phone, Mail, and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Design Method.John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY2014
Community Preventive Services Task Force. Increasing appropriate vaccination: client reminder and recall systems. Available at: https://www.thecommunityguide.org/sites/default/files/assets/Vaccination-Client-Reminders.pdf. Accessed February 18, 2018.
- Getting under the hood: exploring issues that affect provider-based recall using an immunization information system.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 44-49
- Primary Care and Public Health: Exploring Integration to Improve Population Health.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2012
- The latest in vaccine policies: selected issues in school vaccinations, healthcare worker vaccinations, and pharmacist vaccination authority laws.J Law Med Ethics. 2017; 45: 16-19
American Academy of Family Physicians. Retail clinics. Available at: https://www.aafp.org/about/policies/all/retail-clinics.html. Accessed February 15, 2018.
- AAP principles concerning retail-based clinics.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 2561
- North Carolina family practice physicians’ perceptions of pharmacists as vaccinators.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2005; 45: 486-491
- Immunization information systems: a decade of progress in law and policy.J Public Health Manage Pract. 2015; 21: 296-303
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.