Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Melek S, Norris DT, Paulus J. Economic impact of integrated medical-behavioral healthcare: implications for psychiatry. Available at: https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/professional-interests/integrated-care. Accessed April 17, 2018.
- Individual and societal effects of mental disorders on earnings in the United States: results from the national comorbidity survey replication.Am J Psychiatry. 2004; 165: 703-711
- The most expensive medical conditions in America.Health Aff (Millwood). 2002; 21: 105-111
- Comorbid depression is associated with increased healthcare use and expenditures in individuals with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 464-470
- Clinical and economic burden of mental disorders among children with chronic physical conditions, United States, 2008–2013.Prev Chronic Dis. 2016; 13: E71
- Total direct medical expenses and characteristics of privately insured adolescents who incur high costs.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169e152682
- Dynamics of obesity and chronic health conditions among children and youth.JAMA. 2010; 303: 623-630
- Changing trends of childhood disability, 2001-2011.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 530-538
- Chronic illness, disability, and mental and social well-being: findings of the Ontario Child Health Study.Pediatrics. 1987; 79: 805-813
- Economic burden of childhood autism spectrum disorders.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e520-e529
- Spending on children's personal health care in the United States,1996-2013.JAMA Pediatr. 2017; 171: 181-189
- Annual report on health care for children and youth in the United States: national estimates of cost, utilization and expenditures for children with mental health conditions.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 19-35
- Family adaptation to childhood disability and illness.in: Ammerman RI Camo JV Handbook of Pediatric Psychology and Psychiatry. Allyn & Bacon, Boston, MA1998: 70-102
- Posttraumatic stress disorder in parents of children with chronic illnesses: a meta-analysis.Health Psychol. 2009; 28: 379-388
- Fathering a child living with HIV/AIDS: psychosocial adjustment and parenting stress.J Pediatr Psychol. 2001; 26: 353-358
- Parenting stress among caregivers of children with chronic illness: a systematic review.J Pediatr Psychol. 2013; 38: 809-828
- Children with chronic illness: family and parent demographic characteristics and psychological adjustment.Pediatrics. 1991; 87: 884-889
IBM. IBM Watson Health. Available at: http://truvenhealth.com/. Accessed April 17, 2018.
- Comparing a diagnosis list with a survey method to identify children with chronic conditions in an urban health center.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 58-62
United States Census Bureau. Age and sex composition in the United States: 2013 (updated August 11, 2016). Available at: https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2013/demo/age-and-sex/2013-age-sex-composition.html. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- Comorbidity of physical and mental disorders in the Neurodevelopmental Genomics Cohort Study.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e927-e938
- Mental disorders in chronically ill children: parent-child discrepancy and physician identification.Pediatrics. 1992; 90: 692-696
- Major depressive disorder, suicidal behaviour, bipolar disorder, and generalised anxiety disorder among emerging adults with and without chronic health conditions.Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci. 2016; 25: 462-474
- Behavior problems in children and adolescents with chronic physical illness: a meta-analysis.J Pediatr Psychol. 2011; 36: 1003-1016
- Predicting high cost pediatric patients: derivation and validation of a population-based model.Med Care. 2015; 53: 729-735
- Trends in mental health care among children and adolescents.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 2029-2038
- A national and state profile of leading health care problems and health care quality for children: key insurance disparities and across-state variations.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S22-S33
- Cost-effectiveness of a multicondition collaborative care intervention: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2012; 69: 506-514
- The costs and cost-effectiveness of collaborative care for adolescents with depression in primary care settings: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA Pediatr. 2016; 170: 1048-1054
- Collaborative care for patients with depression and chronic illness.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2611-2620
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.