Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Flores A. How the US Hispanic population is changing. Available at: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/09/18/how-the-u-s-hispanic-population-is-changing/. Accessed October 22, 2018.
- Dual language development of Latino children: effect of instructional program type and the home and school language environment.Early Child Res Q. 2014; 29: 389-397
- The Hispanic-white achievement gap in math and reading in the elementary grades.Am Educ Res J. 2009; 46: 853-891
- The role of out-of-school factors in the literacy problem.Future Child. 2012; 22: 39-54
- Language and immigrant status effects on disparities in Hispanic children's health status and access to health care.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 415-423
- Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in Hispanic and non-Hispanic white children.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e629-e635
- Early school adjustment and educational attainment.Am Educ Res J. 2016; 53: 1198-1228
- Rates of parent-centered developmental screening: disparities and links to services access.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 146-155
- The impact of race on participation in part C early intervention services.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2011; 32: 284-291
- The 2013 KIDS COUNT Data Book: State Trends in Child Well-Being.The Annie E. Casey Foundation, Baltimore, Md2013
- Identifying infants and young children with developmental disorders in the medical home: an algorithm for developmental surveillance and screening.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 405-420
- Pediatrician identification of Latino children at risk for autism spectrum disorder.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 445-453
- Translations of developmental screening instruments: an evidence map of available research.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2015; 36: 471-483
- Ages & Stages Questionnaires®, Third Edition (ASQ®-3): A Parent-Completed Child Monitoring System.Brookes, Baltimore, Md2009
- Evidence-based milestones for surveillance of cognitive, language, and motor development.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 577-586
World Health Organization. Process of translation and adaptation of instruments. Available at: http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/research_tools/translation/en/. Accessed February 20, 2017.
- Bayley Scales of Infant and Toddler Development®, Third Edition (Bayley-III®).Pearson Education, London2005
- Differential Ability Scales®-II (DAS-II®).Pearson Education, London2007
- Pathways to disparity: language, literacy, and reading skills among migrant and non-migrant Hispanic preschool students.Special Issue of Multiple Voices. 2006; 9: 149-167
- Achievement Gaps: How Hispanic and White Students in Public Schools Perform in Mathematics and Reading on the National Assessment of Educational Progress.National Center for Education Statistics, Washington, DC2011
- Psychosocial stress, internalized symptoms, and the academic achievement of Hispanic adolescents.J Adolesc Res. 1999; 14: 343-358
- Social-demographic, school, neighborhood, and parenting influences on the academic achievement of Latino young adolescents.J Youth Adolesc. 2005; 34: 163-174
- Latino education.Lang Linguist Compass. 2015; 9: 168-180
- The language and literacy development of young dual language learners: a critical review.Early Child Res Q. 2014; 29: 715-733
- Dual language exposure and early bilingual development.J Child Lang. 2011; 39: 1-27
- The gap between Spanish speakers’ word reading and word knowledge: a longitudinal study.Child Dev. 2011; 82: 1544-1560
- Bilingual and biliteracy skills in young Spanish-speaking low-SES children: impact of instructional language and primary language proficiency.Int J Biling Educ Biling. 2014; 17: 144-159
- Differing cognitive trajectories of Mexican American toddlers: the role of class, nativity, and maternal practices.Hisp J Behav Sci. 2015; 37: 139-169
- Measurement properties and classification accuracy of two Spanish parent surveys of language development for preschool-age children.Am J Speech Lang Pathol. 2010; 19: 225-237
- Evaluation of the Ages and Stages Questionnaires in identifying children with neurosensory disability in the Magpie Trial follow-up study.Acta Paediatr. 2007; 96: 1803-1808
- Psychometric examination of a Spanish translation of a developmental screening instrument.J Early Child Res. 2016; 14: 132-145
- Thresholds and accuracy in screening tools for early detection of psychopathology.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2015; 56: 936-948
- Is a positive developmental-behavioral screening score sufficient to justify referral? A review of evidence and theory.Acad Pediatr. 2017; 17: 464-470
- Economic costs and benefits of early intervention.(In: Meisels SJ and Shonkoff, JP, eds.)Handbook of Early Childhood Intervention. Cambridge University Press, New York1990: 560-582
- Screening for developmental and behavioral problems.Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2005; 11: 173-179
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.