Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Hate U Give.HarperCollins Publishers, New York, NY2017
- The impact of racism on child and adolescent health.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20191765
National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH). ACEs. 2018. Available at: https://www.childhealthdata.org/browse/survey. Accessed September 1, 2019.
- The lifelong effects of early childhood adversity and toxic stress.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e232-e246
Plunderbund Media. Tea Party Racism? Nah.... 2009. Available at: http://plunderbund.com/2009/04/15/tea-party-racism-nah/. Accessed September 1, 2019.
The Southern Poverty Law Center. The Year in Hate and Extremism: Rage Against Change. Intelligence Report Issue 166; 2019. Available at: https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/intelligence_report_166.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2019.
- Perspective: sustained animus toward Latino immigrants—deadly consequences for children and families.NEJM. 2019; 381: 1187-1189
The Southern Poverty Law Center. Over 200 incidents of hateful harassment and intimidation since election day. Hatewatch. 2016. Available at:https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/11/11/over-200-incidents-hateful-harassment-and-intimidation-election-day. Accessed September 1, 2019.
Department of Justice-Federal Bureau of Investigation. 2017 Hate Crime Statistics. 2018. Available at:https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/hate-crime-statistics. Accessed September 1, 2019.
- The detrimental influence of racial discrimination in the United States.in: Presented at: Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, San Francisco, CA2017
Murphey D, Cooper P. Parents Behind Bars: What Happens to Their Children. 2015. Available at:https://www.childtrends.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2015-42ParentsBehindBars.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2019.
- Do Early Educators’ Implicit Biases Regarding Sex and Race Relate to Behavior Expectations and Recommendations of Preschool Expulsions and Suspensions. Research Study Brief.Yale University, Yale Child Study Center, New Haven, CT2016
SRI Education Center for Learning and Development. Preventing Suspensions and Expulsions in Early Childhood Settings. Available at:https://preventexpulsion.org/overview/. Accessed September 1, 2019.
The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose.