Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- About Adverse Childhood Experiences. Violence Prevention.2019 (Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/acestudy/aboutace.html. Accessed April 9, 2019)
Sacks V, Murphey D. The prevalence of adverse childhood experiences, nationally, by state, and by race or ethnicity. Child Trends. 2018. Available at: https://www.childtrends.org/publications/prevalence-adverse-childhood-experiences-nationally-state-race-ethnicity. Accessed April 10, 2019.
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults: the adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) study.Am J Prev Med. 2019; 56: 774-786https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2019.04.001
- Adverse childhood experiences and the risk of depressive disorders in adulthood.J Affect Disord. 2004; 82: 217-225https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2003.12.013
- The lifelong effects of early childhood adversity and toxic stress.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 129: 232-246https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-2663
- Stress, coping, and children's health.Pediatr Ann. 1985; 14: 543-547https://doi.org/10.3928/0090-4481-19850801-06
- Mental Illness.2019 (Available at: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/mental-illness.shtml. Accessed April 9, 2019)
- The Five Most Costly Children's Conditions, 2011: Estimates for U.S. Civilian Noninstitutionalized Children, Ages 0-17.2014 (Available at: https://meps.ahrq.gov/data_files/publications/st434/stat434.shtml. Accessed April 10, 2019)
- Adverse childhood experiences and mental, chronic medical conditions, and development in young children.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 510-517https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2015.05.005
- Adverse childhood experiences, resilience and mindfulness-based approaches: common denominator issues for children with emotional, mental, or behavioral problems.Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2016; 25: 139-156https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chc.2015.12.001
- The impact of adverse childhood experiences on an urban pediatric population.Child Abuse Negl. 2011; : 408-413
- Assessing adverse experiences from infancy through early childhood in home visiting programs.Child Abuse Negl. 2017; 35: 420-429https://doi.org/10.1037/fsh0000301
- Data and Statistics on Children's Mental Health.2019 (Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/childrensmentalhealth/data.html. Accessed April 10, 2019)
- Parental factors associated with childhood anxiety, depression, and internalizing problems: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Affect Disord. 2015; 175: 424-440https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2015.01.050
- Interventions for Students with Internalizing Behaviors.Oxford Handb Sch Psychol. 2011; 19: 411-427
- Characteristics, correlates, and outcomes of childhood and adolescent depressive disorders.Dialogues Clin Neurosci. 2009; 11: 45-62
- The mediating roles of anxiety, depression, and hopelessness on adolescent suicidal behaviors.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2005; 35: 14-34https://doi.org/10.1521/suli.220.127.116.11266
- Ten Leading Causes of Death and Injury.2017 (Available at:https://www.cdc.gov/injury/wisqars/LeadingCauses.html. Accessed April 12, 2019)
- Adverse childhood experiences and behavioral problems in middle childhood.Child Abuse Negl. 2017; 67: 391-402https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2016.11.005
- Identifying distinct latent classes of adverse childhood experiences among US children and their relationship with childhood internalizing disorders.Child Psychiatry Hum Dev. 2019; 50: 668-680https://doi.org/10.1007/s10578-019-00871-y
- Adverse Childhood experiences and child health outcomes: comparing cumulative risk and latent class approaches.Matern Child Health J. 2018; 22: 288-297https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-017-2365-1
- Childhood social adversity and risk of depressive symptoms in adolescence in a US national sample.J Affect Disord. 2017; 212: 56-63https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jad.2017.01.035
- Trajectories of neighborhood cohesion in childhood, and psychotic and depressive symptoms at age 13 and 18 years.J Am Acad Child Adolec Psychiatry. 2017; 56: 570-577https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2017.04.003
- Adverse childhood experiences and health anxiety in adulthood.Child Abuse Negl. 2014; 38: 407-413https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2013.08.007
- The enduring effects of abuse and related adverse experiences in childhood: a convergence of evidence from neurobiology and epidemiology.Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2006; 256: 174-186https://doi.org/10.1007/s00406-005-0624-4
- The Resilience Project: We can stop Toxic Stress.2019 (Available at: https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/resilience/Pages/Resilience-Project.aspx. Accessed September 14, 2019)
- The National Survey of Children's Health.2019 (Available at: https://www.childhealthdata.org/learn-about-the-nsch/NSCH. Accessed September 10, 2019)
- Prevalence of adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) among US children.Child Abuse Negl. 2019; 92: 209-218https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2019.04.010
- Adverse family experiences, child mental health, and educational outcomes for a national sample of students.Sch Mental Health. 2016; 8: 44-60https://doi.org/10.1007/s12310-016-9174-3
- FACCT, Foundation For Accountability: CAMHI project/chronic condition screener.January 2000 (Available at: https://depts.washington.edu/dbpeds/Screening%20Tools/CSHCN-CAMHIScreener.pdf. Accessed September 15, 2019)
- Rapid detection of internalizing diagnosis in young children enabled by wearable sensors and machine learning.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0210267https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0210267
- Guidelines for adolescent depression in primary care (GLAD-PC): part I. Practice preparation, identification, assessment, and initial management.Pediatrics. 2018; 141: e20174081
American Academy of Pediatrics. The resilience project: we can stop toxic stress. Anxiety Fact Sheet. 2019. Available at: https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/resilience/Pages/Anxiety-Fact-Sheet.aspx. Accessed September 14, 2019.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.