Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Qualitative Evaluation.Sage Publications, London; Thousand Oaks, Calif1999
- Qualitative Research & Evaluation Methods: Integrating Theory and Practice.4th ed. SAGE Publications, Inc., Thousand Oaks, Calif2015
- Evaluation Theory, Models, and Applications.2nd ed. Jossey-Bass & Pfeiffer Imprints, Wiley, San Francisco2014
- From Minsk to Pinsk: why a scholarship of teaching and learning?.J Sch Teach Learn. 2000; 1: 48-53
- Conducting quantitative medical education research: from design to dissemination.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 129-139
- Qualitative research methods for medical educators.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 375-386
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education: A Six-Step Approach.3rd ed. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore2016
- Utilization-Focused Evaluation.4th ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks2008
- Program evaluation models and related theories: AMEE guide no. 67.Med Teach. 2012; 34: e288-e299
- Assessment and evaluation in medical education.S Afr Fam Pract. 2006; 48: 5-7
Program Performance and Evaluation Office at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC approach to evaluation-framework-program evaluation framework checklist for step 2—describe the program. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/eval/steps/step2/index.htm. Accessed September 20, 2019.
- Enhancing educational scholarship through conceptual frameworks: a challenge and roadmap for medical educators.Acad Pediatr. 2019; 19: 135-141
- Conceptual frameworks to illuminate and magnify.Med Educ. 2009; 43: 312-319
- The distinctions between theory, theoretical framework, and conceptual framework.Acad Med. 2020; 95: 989-994
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education: A Six-Step Approach.3rd ed. 2016 (Available at:)http://site.ebrary.com/lib/yale/Doc?id=11161203Date accessed: August 3, 2020
- Acquisition and maintenance of medical expertise: a perspective from the expert-performance approach with deliberate practice.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 1471-1486
- Peak: Secrets From the New Science of Expertise. 2016;
- Has the new Kirkpatrick generation built a better hammer for our evaluation toolbox?.Med Teach. 2017; 39: 999-1001
- Kirkpatrick's Four Levels of Training Evaluation.ATD Press, Alexandria, Va2016
World Health Organization. Towards more physical activity: transforming public spaces to promote physical activity—a key contributor to achieving the sustainable development goals in Europre. 2017. Available at:http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/353043/2017_WHO_Report_FINAL_WEB.pdf?ua=1. Accessed May 31, 2020.
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving Your Wildly Important Goals.1st Free Press hardcover ed. Free Press, New York2012
- A structured framework and resources to use to get your medical education work published.MedEdPORTAL: J Teach Learn Res. 2018; 14: 10669
- The retrospective pre-post: a practical method to evaluate learning from an educational program.Acad Emerg Med. 2012; 19: 189-194
- A systematic review of the use and effectiveness of the objective structured teaching encounter.Med Teach. 2011; 33: 893-903
- Rethinking programme evaluation in health professions education: beyond ‘did it work?’.Med Educ. 2013; 47: 342-351
- Learning theory and educational intervention: producing meaningful evidence of impact through layered analysis.Acad Med. 2019; 94: 789-794
- The scholarship of teaching: new elaborations, new developments.Change. 1999; 31: 10-15
- Researching Medical Education.John Wiley and Sons, Inc., Chichester, West Sussex2015
- Evaluation of resident satisfaction and change in knowledge following use of high-fidelity simulation teaching for anaesthesia residents.Indian J Anaesth. 2019; 63: 908-914
- Undergraduate medical education programme renewal: a longitudinal context, input, process and product evaluation study.Perspect Med Educ. 2016; 5: 15-23
- Durning Steven J. Carline Jan D. Review Criteria for Research Manuscripts. 2nd ed. Association of American Medical Colleges, Washington, DC2015
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.