Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
- Bullying at school: basic facts and effects of a school based intervention program.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 1994; 35: 1171-1190
- Patterns of adolescent bullying behaviors: physical, verbal, exclusion, rumor, and cyber.J School Psychol. 2012; 50: 521-534
- A Familiar Face: Violence in the Lives of Children and Adolescents.UNICEF, New York, NY2017
- Bullying in the digital age: a critical review and meta-analysis of cyberbullying research among youth.Psychol Bull. 2014; 140: 1073
- Does bullying cause emotional problems? A prospective study of young teenagers.BMJ. 2001; 323: 480-484
- Involvement in bullying and suicide-related behavior at 11 years: a prospective birth cohort study.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2012; 51 (e273): 271-282
- Bullying, mental health and friendship in Australian primary school children.Child Adolesc Ment Health. 2018; 23: 334-340
- Associations between frequency of bullying involvement and adjustment in adolescence.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 214-221
- Longitudinal associations between cyberbullying involvement and adolescent mental health.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 59: 502-509
- Global, regional, and national comparative risk assessment of 84 behavioural, environmental and occupational, and metabolic risks or clusters of risks for 195 countries and territories, 1990–2017: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2017.Lancet. 2018; 392: 1923-1994
- The importance of cognitive development in middle childhood for adulthood socioeconomic status, mental health, and problem behavior.Child Dev. 2004; 75: 1329-1339
- Middle childhood: An evolutionary-developmental synthesis. In: Halfon N, Forrest CB, Lerner RM, Faustman EM, eds.Handbook of Life Course Health Development. Springer, Cham2018: 95-107
- Trajectories of peer victimization and perceptions of the self and schoolmates: precursors to internalizing and externalizing problems.Child Dev. 2005; 76: 1072-1091
- Personal and familial predictors of peer victimization trajectories from primary to secondary school.Dev Psychol. 2016; 52: 1103
- A longitudinal study of bullying, dominance, and victimization during the transition from primary school through secondary school.BrJ Dev Psychol. 2002; 20: 259-280
- Developmental trajectories of peer victimization: off-line and online experiences during adolescence.J Adolesc Health. 2012; 50: 607-613
- Joint trajectories of bullying and peer victimization across elementary and middle school and associations with symptoms of psychopathology.Dev Psychol. 2014; 50: 2426
- Early childhood factors associated with peer victimization trajectories from 6 to 17 years of age.Pediatrics. 2020; 145e20192654https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-2654
- Peer victimization trajectories from kindergarten through high school: differential pathways for children's school engagement and achievement?.J Educ Psychol. 2017; 109: 826
- School bullying among adolescents in the United States: physical, verbal, relational, and cyber.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 45: 368-375
- Bullying and school transition: context or development?.Child Abuse Negl. 2016; 51: 237-248
Lenhart A, Duggan M, Perrin A, et al. Teens, social media & technology overview 2015: Pew Research Center [Internet & American Life Project]; 2015.
- Study protocol: the Childhood to Adolescence Transition Study (CATS).BMC Pediatr. 2013; 13: 160
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Census of Population and Housing: Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA), Australia, 2011. Available at:http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/allprimarymainfeatures/8C5F5BB699A0921CCA258259000BA619?opendocument. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- A comparison of the Gatehouse Bullying Scale and the Peer Relations Questionnaire for students in secondary school.J School Health. 2007; 77: 75-79
- Relational victimization in childhood and adolescence. In: Juvonen J, Graham S, eds.Peer Harassment in School: The Plight of the Vulnerable and Victimized. The Guilford Press, New York, London2001: 196-214
- Prevalence estimation of school bullying with the Olweus Bully/Victim Questionnaire.Aggressive Behav. 2003; 29: 239-268
- Peer victimization and academic performance in primary school children.Acad Pediatr. 2017; 17: 830-836
- The intensity of victimization: associations with children's psychosocial well-being and social standing in the classroom.PLoS One. 2015; 10e0141490
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Schools, Australia, 2016. Available at:http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/[email protected]/Previousproducts/4221.0Appendix12016?opendocument&tabname=Notes&prodno=4221.0&issue=2016&num=&view=. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- Stata Statistical Software: Release 15.StataCorp LLC, College Station, TX2017
Australian Bureau of Statistics. Schools, Australia, 2013. Available at:http://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/DetailsPage/4221.02013. Accessed April 14, 2020.
- Being admired or being liked: classroom social status and depressive problems in early adolescent girls and boys.J Abnorm Child Psychol. 2007; 35: 417-427
- Cyberbullying and adolescent well-being in England: a population-based cross-sectional study.Lancet Child Adolesc Health. 2017; 1: 19-26
- Early adolescent peer ecologies in rural communities: bullying in schools that do and do not have a transition during the middle grades.J Youth Adolesc. 2011; 40: 1106
- Australian Covert Bullying Prevalence Study. Child Health Promotion Research Center, Edith Cowan University, Perth, Australia2009
- A heavy burden on young minds: the global burden of mental and substance use disorders in children and youth.Psychol Med. 2015; 45: 1551-1563
- What counts?: a qualitative study of adolescents’ lived experience with online victimization and cyberbullying.Acad Pediatr. 2020; 20: 485-492
- Declines in efficacy of anti-bullying programs among older adolescents: theory and a three-level meta-analysis.J Appl Dev Psychol. 2015; 37: 36-51
- Relational aggression in school settings: definition, development, strategies, and implications.Child Schools. 2015; 37: 79-88
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.