Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Human papillomavirus–attributable cancers—United States, 2012–2016.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rept. 2019; 68: 724-728
- Ten years of human papillomavirus vaccination in the United States.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: S3-S10
US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. 2011. Healthy people 2020. Increase routine vaccine coverage for adolescents. Available at:https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/immunization-and-infectious-diseases/objectives. Accessed April 10, 2019.
- National, regional, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13–17 years—United States, 2018.MMWR Morbid and Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 718-723
- Missed opportunities for adolescent vaccination, 2006-2011.J Adolesc Health. 2013; 53: 492-497
- Preventive care for adolescents: few get visits and fewer get services.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e565
- Barriers to adolescent immunization: a survey of family physicians and pediatricians.J Am Board Fam Med. 2009; 18: 13-19
National Center for Health Statistics. National Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2016 National Summary Tables; 2016. Available at:https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/ahcd/namcs_summary/2016_namcs_web_tables.pdf. Accessed June 27, 2019.
- The promise and challenge of adolescent immunization.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 35: 152-157
Accelerating HPV Vaccine Uptake: Urgency for Action to Prevent Cancer. A Report to the President of the United States from the President's Cancer Panel. Bethesda, Md: National Cancer Institute; 2014. Available at: http://deainfo.nci.nih.gov/advisory/pcp/annualReports/HPV/index.htm. Accessed October 9, 2020.
- Practical approaches to optimize adolescent immunization.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20164187
- Barriers to human papillomavirus vaccination among US adolescents: a systematic review of the literature.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 76-82
- Physician communication about adolescent vaccination: how is human papillomavirus vaccine different?.Prev Med. 2015; 77: 181-185
- HPV vaccination coverage among adolescent girls, 2007-2012–United States.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 591-595
- Human papillomavirus vaccine interventions in the U.S.: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Am J Prev Med. 2019; 56: 591-602
- Practice- and community-based interventions to increase human papillomavirus vaccine coverage.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 686-692
- Correlates for human papillomavirus vaccination of adolescent girls and young women in a managed care organization.Am J Epidemiol. 2010; 171: 357-367
- Human papillomavirus vaccine uptake among 9- to 17-year-old girls: National Health Interview Survey, 2008.Cancer. 2011; 117: 5612-5620
- Missed opportunities for HPV vaccination in adolescent girls: a qualitative study.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: e666-e674
- Primary care physicians’ perspectives about HPV vaccine.Pediatrics. 2016; 137: e20152488https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-2488
- Association of both consistency and strength of self-reported clinician recommendation for HPV vaccination and HPV vaccine uptake among 11- to 12-year-old children.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 6122-6128
- Summer peaks in uptake of human papillomavirus and other adolescent vaccines in the United States.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016; 25: 274-281
IIS | 2017 IISAR data participation rates | vaccines | CDC. Available at: vhttps://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/annual-report-iisar/2017-data.html#adolescent. Accessed June 20, 2019.
- Advancing human papillomavirus vaccine delivery: 12 priority research gaps.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: S14-S16
- Immunization data exchange with electronic health records.Pediatrics. 2016; 137e20154335
- Immunization information system opt-in consent.J Pub Health Manag Pract. 2010; 16: E18-E25
- Meningococcal vaccination among adolescents in the United States: a tale of two age platforms.J Adolesc Health. 2019; 65: 1-9
- National health care visit patterns of adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 252-259
- Young adults’ health care utilization and expenditures prior to the affordable care act.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 54: 663-671
- Correlates of human papillomavirus vaccination rates in low-income, minority adolescents: a multicenter study.J Women's Health. 2012; 21: 813-820
- Human papillomavirus vaccine coverage and prevalence of missed opportunities for vaccination in an integrated healthcare system.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: S85-S92
- US health care clinicians’ knowledge, attitudes, and practices regarding human papillomavirus vaccination: a qualitative systematic review.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: S53-S65
- HPV vaccine hesitancy: findings from a statewide survey of health care providers.J Pediatr Health Care. 2014; 28: 541-549
- Missed opportunities for human papillomavirus vaccine initiation in an insured adolescent female population.J Pediatr Infect Dis Soc. 2017; 6: 360-365
- Effect of provider prompts on adolescent immunization rates: a randomized trial.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 14-157
- Improving immunization delivery using an electronic health record: the Immprove project.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 458-465
- Communication technologies to improve HPV vaccination initiation and completion: a systematic review.Patient Educ Couns. 2017; 100: 1280-1286
- Simple and elaborated clinician reminder prompts for human papillomavirus vaccination: a randomized clinical trial.Acad Pediatr. 2017; 18: S66-S71
- AAP committee on infectious diseases. The need to optimize adolescent immunization.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20164186
- Going beyond the individual: how state-level characteristics relate to HPV vaccine rates in the United States.PMC Public Health. 2019; 19: 246
- HPV “coverage.”.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 775-776
The authors have no potential conflicts of interest relevant to this article to disclose.