Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. “ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in pediatrics.” 2020. Available at:https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/320_Pediatrics_2020.pdf?ver=2020-06-29-162726-647. Accessed July 1, 2020.
- Technical skills required in general pediatric practice.Pediatrics. 1991; 88: 670-673
- A comparison of national pediatric procedures training guidelines with actual clinical practice in Ohio.J Grad Med Educ. 2019; 11: 159-167https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-18-00746.1
- General pediatricians’ performance of accreditation agency's recommended procedures: a complementary analysis using administrative data and the knowledge translation model.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2020; 40: 11-18https://doi.org/10.1097/CEH.0000000000000284
- General vs subspecialty pediatrics: factors leading to residents' career decisions over a 12-year period.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 212-216https://doi.org/10.1001/archpedi.159.3.212
- Is volume related to outcome in health care? A systematic review and methodologic critique of the literature.Ann Intern Med. 2002; 137: 511-520https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-137-6-200209170-00012
- National trends in ED lacerations between 1992 and 2002.Am J Emerg Med. 2006; 24: 183-188https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2005.08.021
- Suture technicians in a childrenʼs hospital emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1988; 4: 12-14https://doi.org/10.1097/00006565-198803000-00004
- Global pediatric peripheral intravenous catheter practice and performance: a secondary analysis of 4206 catheters.J Pediatr Nurs. 2020; 50: e18-e25https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pedn.2019.09.023
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Res Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101https://doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
- Grounding Grounded Theory.Academic Press, San Francisco, Calif1999
- Learn, see, practice, prove, do, maintain: an evidence-based pedagogical framework for procedural skill training in medicine.Acad Med. 2015; 90: 1025-1033https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000000734
- Deliberate practice and acquisition of expert performance: a general overview.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 988-994https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1553-2712.2008.00227.x
- Competence versus mastery: the time course for developing proficiency in video-assisted thoracoscopic lobectomy.J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014; 147: 1150-1154https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2013.11.036
- Unintended consequences of machine learning in medicine.JAMA. 2017; 318: 517-518https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2017.7797
- Residents' perception of skill decay during dedicated research time.J Surg Res. 2015; 199: 23-31https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2015.06.040
- A skill degradation in laparoscopic surgery after a long absence: assessment based on nephrectomy case.Mini-invasive Surg. 2018; 2: 11
- Emergency medicine is in a spiral of deskilling trainees warn.BMJ. 2014; 349: g4856
- A survey assessment of perceived importance and methods of maintenance of critical procedural skills in pediatric emergency medicine.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2019; 35: 552-557https://doi.org/10.1097/PEC.0000000000000991
- Education, implementation and team task force and neonatal life support task force of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). Spaced learning versus massed learning in resuscitation—a systematic review.Resuscitation. 2020; 156: 61-71https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2020.08.132
- Pediatric Physicians Workforce Data Book, 2016-2017.American Board of Pediatrics, Chapel Hill, NC2017
- How do US pediatric residency programs teach and evaluate community pediatrics and advocacy training?.Acad Pediatr. 2017; 17: 544-549https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2017.02.011
- Global health education in US pediatric residency programs.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 458-465https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-0792
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. “ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in internal medicine.” 2020. Available at:https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/140_InternalMedicine_2020.pdf. Accessed March 5, 2021.
- Graduating pediatric resident reports on procedural training and preparation.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 73-78https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2017.08.001
The authors have no conflicts of interest relevant to this article to disclose.