Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Vaccination and all-cause child mortality from 1985 to 2011: global evidence from the Demographic and Health Surveys.Am J Epidemiol. 2015; 182: 791-798
Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Healthy People 2020. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/immunization-and-infectious-diseases/objectives. Published 2018. Accessed December 9, 2018.
TN Department of Health. Results of the 2016 Immunization Status Survey of 24 Month Old Children in Tennessee. https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/ImmunizationSurvey2016.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed May 9, 2018.
- Committee On Infectious Diseases. The Committee on Practice and Ambulatory Medicine. Countering vaccine hesitancy.Pediatrics. 2016; 138
- The architecture of provider-parent vaccine discussions at health supervision visits.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 1037-1046
- Formal training in vaccine safety to address parental concerns not routinely conducted in U.S. pediatric residency programs.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 3175-3178
- Vaccine education of medical students: a nationwide cross-sectional survey.Am J Prev Med. 2017; 53: e97-e104
- Vaccine hesitancy and healthcare providers.Vaccine. 2016; 34: 6700-6706
- Clinician perspectives on strategies to improve patient maternal immunization acceptability in obstetrics and gynecology practice settings.Hum Vaccines Immunotherapeut. 2018; 14: 1548-1557
- Health care worker knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs regarding mandatory influenza vaccination.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010; 164: 33-37
- Vaccine knowledge and practices of primary care providers of exempt vs. vaccinated children.Hum Vaccines. 2008; 4: 286-291
- Parental refusal of varicella vaccination and the associated risk of varicella infection in children.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010; 164: 66-70
- Association between undervaccination with diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) vaccine and risk of pertussis infection in children 3 to 36 months of age.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 1060-1064
- Interventions to increase pediatric vaccine uptake: an overview of recent findings.Hum Vaccines Immunotherapeut. 2017; 13: 2503-2511
- Reducing geographic, racial, and ethnic disparities in childhood immunization rates by using reminder/recall interventions in urban primary care practices.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: e58
- An opt-out influenza vaccination policy improves immunization rates in primary care.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2011; 22: 232-242
The Community Preventative Services Task Force. Vaccination Programs: Health Care System-Based Interventions Implemented in Combination.https://www.thecommunityguide.org/findings/vaccination-programs-health-care-system-based-interventions-implemented-combination. Published 2015. Accessed December 9, 2018.
- SQUIRE reporting guidelines for quality improvement studies.JAMA Surg. 2021; 156: 579-581
American Academy of Pediatrics. https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/immunizations/Practice-Management/Pages/Chapter-Quality-Network.aspx. Published 2020. Accessed 6/8/ 2020.
- Progress in evidence-based communication about childhood vaccines.Acad Pediatr. 2020; 20: 729-730
- Evaluation of the implementation of a multicomponent intervention to improve health care provider communication about human papillomavirus vaccination.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 882-888
- Experiential LEARNING: EXPERIENCE as the Source of Learning and Development.2nd ed. Pearson Education, Inc, New Jersery2015
- Element interactivity and intrinsic, extraneous, and germane cognitive load.Educ Psychol Rev. 2010; 22: 123-138
- The science of learning: determining how multimedia learning works.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge2009
- Using the 4 Pillars (TM) Practice Transformation Program to increase adolescent human papillomavirus, meningococcal, tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis and influenza vaccination.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 6180-6186
- Maintenance of increased childhood influenza vaccination rates 1 year after an intervention in primary care practices.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16: 57-63
- Cluster randomized trial of a toolkit and early vaccine delivery to improve childhood influenza vaccination rates in primary care.Vaccine. 2014; 32: 3656-3663
- Reducing racial disparities in influenza vaccination among children with asthma.J Pediatr Health Car. 2016; 30: 208-215
Institute for Healthcare Improvement. How to Improve. http://www.ihi.org/resources/Pages/HowtoImprove/default.aspx. Published 2018.
- The stepped wedge cluster randomised trial: rationale, design, analysis, and reporting.BMJ. 2015; 350: h391
- Design and analysis of stepped wedge cluster randomized trials.Contemp Clin Trials. 2007; 28: 182-191
- Analysis of cluster randomised stepped wedge trials with repeated cross-sectional samples.Trials. 2017; 18: 101
WHO. Ten threats to global health in 2019. https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/ten-threats-to-global-health-in-2019. Accessed October 6, 2020.
WHO. Measles, Global Situation. https://www.who.int/csr/don/26-november-2019-measles-global_situation/en/. Accessed October 6, 2020.
National Committee for Quality Assurance. NCQA Updates Quality Measures for HEDIS® 2019. https://www.ncqa.org/news/ncqa-updates-quality-measures-for-hedis-2019/. Published 2020. Accessed December 10, 2020.
- Improving timely childhood immunizations through pay for performance in Medicaid-managed care.Health Serv Res. 2010; 45: 1934-1947
- Trends in childhood influenza vaccination coverage, United States, 2012-2019.Public Health Rep. 2020; 135: 640-649
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. Mott Poll report: flu vaccine for children in the time of COVID. https://mottpoll.org/reports/flu-vaccine-children-time-covid. Published 2020. Accessed December 10, 2020.
Conflicts of interest disclosures: During this study, all authors received a small portion of salary support from funder Pfizer through the Pfizer and AAP Independent Grant for Learning and Change.