Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- 2019 Annual Surveillance Report of Drug-Related Risks and Outcomes—United States Surveillance Special Report. 2019. 2019
ProCon.org. Legal medical marijuana states and DC. 2020; Available at: https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881. Accessed December 24, 2020.
ProCon.org. Legal recreational marijuana states and DC. 2020; Available at: https://marijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=006868. Accessed December 24, 2020.
- Unintentional cannabis ingestion in children: a systematic review.J Pediatr. 2017; 190: 142-152
Leubitz A, Spiller HA, Jolliff H, et al. Prevalence and clinical characteristics of unintentional ingestion of marijuana in children younger than 6 years in states with and without legalized marijuana laws. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2019 [e-pub ahead of print]. https://doi.org/10.1097/pec.0000000000001841.
- Marijuana exposure among children younger than six years in the United States.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2016; 55: 428-436
- Acute cannabis toxicity.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2019; 35: 799-804
- Association of unintentional pediatric exposures with decriminalization of marijuana in the United States.Ann Emerg Med. 2014; 63: 684-689
- Pediatric marijuana exposures in a medical marijuana state.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 630-633
- Unintentional pediatric exposures to marijuana in Colorado, 2009-2015.JAMA Pediatr. 2016; 170e160971
Thomas AA, Dickerson-Young T, Mazor S. Unintentional pediatric marijuana exposures at a tertiary care children's hospital in Washington State: a retrospective review. Pediatr Emerg Care. 2018 [e-pub ahead of print]. https://doi.org/10.1097/PEC.0000000000001703.
- Achieving data quality. How data from a Pediatric Health Information System earns the trust of its users.J AHIMA. 2004; 75: 22-26
- Pediatric toxicology: specialized approach to the poisoned child.Emerg Med Clin North Am. 2014; 32: 29-52
- 2018 Annual report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers’ National Poison Data System (NPDS): 36th annual report.Clin Toxicol. 2019; 57: 1220-1413
- Cannabis intoxication case series: the dangers of edibles containing tetrahydrocannabinol.Ann Emerg Med. 2018; 71: 306-313
- Characterization of edible marijuana product exposures reported to United States poison centers.Clin Toxicol (Philadelphia, Pa). 2016; 54: 840-846
- Accidental pediatric ingestions of medical marijuana: a 4-year poison center experience.Am J Emerg Med. 2015; 33: 844-845
- Pediatric concerns due to expanded cannabis use: unintended consequences of legalization.J Med Toxicol. 2017; 13: 99-105
- Changes in cannabis potency over the last 2 decades (1995-2014): analysis of current data in the United States.Biol Psychiatry. 2016; 79: 613-619
- The impact of marijuana policies on youth: clinical, research, and legal update.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: 584-587
- The safety effects of child-resistant packaging for oral prescription drugs. Two decades of experience.JAMA. 1996; 275: 1661-1665
- Safety interventions and liquid laundry detergent packet exposures.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20183117https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2018-3117
National Conference of State Legislatures. State Medical Marijuana Laws. 2020; Available at: https://www.ncsl.org/research/health/state-medical-marijuana-laws.aspx. Accessed April 20, 2020.
The authors have no conflicts of interest relevant to this article to disclose.