Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
Lewis D, Paulson E. AAMC proceedings of the diversity and Inclusion Innovation forum: unconscious bias in academic medicine. Fac Bookshelf. 2017. Available at: https://hsrc.himmelfarb.gwu.edu/books/132. Accessed June 10, 2020.
- Minority physicians’ role in the care of underserved patients: Diversifying the physician workforce may be key in addressing health disparities.JAMA Intern Med. 2014; 174: 289-291https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.12756
- Educational benefits of diversity in medical school: a survey of students.Acad Med. 2003; 78 (Hanley and Belfus Inc.): 460-466https://doi.org/10.1097/00001888-200305000-00007
- The role of cultural diversity climate in recruitment, promotion, and retention of faculty in academic medicine.J Gen Intern Med. 2005; 20: 565-571https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.0127.x
Association of American Medical Colleges. Association of American Medical Colleges: U.S. medical school faculty by rank and race/ethnicity. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/download/475546/data/16table3.pdf. Accessed April 21, 2019.
Association of American Medical Colleges. Holistic review | AAMC. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/services/member-capacity-building/holistic-review. Accessed September 19, 2021.
- Racial disparities in medical student membership in the alpha omega alpha honor society.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 659-665https://doi.org/10.1001/jamainternmed.2016.9623
- A critical disconnect: residency selection factors lack correlation with intern performance.J Grad Med Educ. 2020; 12: 696-704https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-20-00013.1
Limesurvey GmbH. LimeSurvey: an open source survey tool. LimeSurvey GmbH. Available at: http://www.limesurvey.org. Accessed October 10, 2020.
Shellenbarger S. The dangers of hiring for cultural fit. Wall Street Journal. Available at: https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dangers-of-hiring-for-cultural-fit-11569231000. Published September 23, 2019. Accessed July 24, 2020.
- The in-training examination: an analysis of its predictive value on performance on the general pediatrics certification examination.J Pediatr. 2008; 153: 425-428https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2008.03.012
- Race- and gender-based differences in descriptions of applicants in the letters of recommendation for orthopaedic surgery residency.JBJS Open Access. 2020; 5e20.00023–e20.00023https://doi.org/10.2106/jbjs.oa.20.00023
- Gender and racial bias in radiology residency letters of recommendation.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 64-71https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2019.08.008
- Reimagining merit and representation: promoting equity and reducing bias in GME through holistic review.Acad Psychiatry. 2021; 45: 34-42https://doi.org/10.1007/S40596-020-01327-5
- Strategies for achieving diversity through medical school admissions.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2018; 29: 9-18https://doi.org/10.1353/hpu.2018.0002
- Diversity and inclusion training in pediatric departments.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: 707-713https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-1653
- Trends in race/ethnicity of pediatric residents and fellows: 2007-2019.Pediatrics. 2021; 148https://doi.org/10.1542/PEDS.2020-026666
Association of American Medical Colleges. US Medical School faculty be sex, race/ethnicity, rank, and department, 2018; 2020.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.