Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- COVID-19 has increased Medicaid enrollment, but short-term enrollment changes are unrelated to job losses.Health Aff (Millwood). 2020; 39: 1822-1831
Armon C, Gaensbauer J, Asturias E, et al. The business case for improving medical home care for Colorado children while reducing their emergency department and hospital utilization. 2015. Available at:https://www.childrenscolorado.org/4adcb3/globalassets/healthcare-professionals/colorado-emergency-hospitalization-business-case.pdf. Accessed March 29, 2022
- Factors associated with urgent care reliance and outpatient health care use among children enrolled in Medicaid.JAMA Netw Open. 2020; 3e204185
- Trends in pediatric primary care visits among commercially insured US children, 2008-2016.JAMA Pediatr. 2020; 174: 350-357
- Is an emergency department visit a marker for undervaccination and missed vaccination opportunities among children who have access to primary care?.Pediatrics. 1993; 91: 605-611
- Inadequate follow-up controller medications among patients with asthma who visit the emergency department.Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 46: 316-322
- Antibiotic prescribing during pediatric direct-to-consumer telemedicine visits.Pediatrics. 2019; 143: e20182491
- Pediatric emergency department management benefits from appropriate early redirection of nonurgent visits.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2015; 31: 95-100
- Urgent care utilization in the pediatric Medicaid population.J Pediatr. 2017; 191 (e1): 238-243
- A defining moment for pediatric primary care telehealth.JAMA Pediatr. 2020; 175: 1881
- Outcomes associated with pediatric after-hours care by call centers: a multicenter study.Ambul Pediatr. 2003; 3: 211-217
- Evaluation of emergency department referrals by telephone triage.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: 819-821
- Children referred to an emergency department by an after-hours call center: complaint-specific analysis.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2004; 20: 507-513
- A comparison of health care experiences for Medicaid and commercially enrolled children in a large, nonprofit health maintenance organization.Ambul Pediatr. 2001; 1: 28-35
- Pediatric emergency department utilization habits: a consumer survey.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1996; 12: 27-30
- Appropriateness of urgent referrals by nurses at a hospital-based pediatric call center.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000; 154: 355-360
- After-hours telephone coverage: the application of an area-wide telephone triage and advice system for pediatric practices.Pediatrics. 1993; 92: 670-679
- Pediatric Telephone Protocols: Office Version.16th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, Itasca, Ill2018
- Reducing after-hours referrals by an after-hours call center with second-level physician triage.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 226-230
The Colorado Trust. Center for Improving Value in Health Care (CIVIC) – Colorado All Payer Claims Database. Available at:https://www.coloradotrust.org/strategies/center-for-improving-value-in-health-care-civhc-colorado-all-payer-claims-database/#:~:text=Established%20in%202008%2C%20the%20Center,efficient%2C%20high%2Dquality%20and%20transparent. Accessed March 29, 2022.
- Open access in primary care: results of a North Carolina pilot project.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 82-87
AHRQ. Open access scheduling for routine and urgent appointments. Available at:https://www.ahrq.gov/cahps/quality-improvement/improvement-guide/6-strategies-for-improving/access/strategy6a-openaccess.html. Accessed August 9, 2021.
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
What is the Colorado State Innovation Model (SIM)?https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/practice-innovation-program/previous-initiatives/state-innovation-model#ac-sim-final-report-3. Accessed March 29, 2022.
- The 10 building blocks of high-performing primary care.Ann Fam Med. 2014; 12: 166-171
Colorado Health Institute. Ways of the RAEs. Available at: https://www.coloradohealthinstitute.org/sites/default/files/file_attachments/Ways%20of%20the%20RAEs_1.pdf. Accessed August 9, 2021.
- Pediatric telephone call centers: how do they affect health care use and costs?.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: e305-e313
- Evaluating patient compliance with nurse advice line recommendations and the impact on healthcare costs.Am J Manag Care. 2004; 10: 534-542
- Consistency of triage decisions by call center nurses.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 396-400
- An assessment of pediatric after-hours telephone care: a 1-year experience.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 145-149
- After-hours telephone triage and advice in private and nonprivate pediatric populations.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 292-296
- Retooling primary care in the COVID-19 era.Mayo Clin Proc. 2020; 95: 1831-1834
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Using Telehealth Services. 2020. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/telehealth.html. Accessed November 10, 2020.
Clinical Trial Registration: None.The authors have indicated they have no potential conflicts of interest to disclose.