Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Meningococcal vaccination: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, United States, 2020.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2020; 69: 1-41
- Global estimate of Neisseria meningitidis serogroups proportion in invasive meningococcal disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Microb Pathog. 2019; 134103571
- Enhanced Meningococcal Disease Surveillance Reports, 2015.US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Atlanta, Ga2017 (Available at:)https://www.cdc.gov/meningococcal/downloads/NCIRD-EMS-Report-2015.pdfDate accessed: March 9, 2022
- Use of serogroup B meningococcal vaccines in persons aged ≥10 years at increased risk for serogroup B meningococcal disease: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2015.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 608-612
- Use of serogroup B meningococcal vaccines in adolescents and young adults: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2015.MMWR. 2015; 64: 1171-1176
Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. Summary Report, June 26-27, 2019. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/downloads/min-archive/min-2019-06-508.pdf. Accessed July 24, 2021.
- Human papillomavirus vaccination for adults: updated recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 698-702
- Use of 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and 23-valent pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine among adults aged >/=65 years: updated recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 1069-1075
- Disparities in healthcare providers’ interpretations and implementations of ACIP’s meningococcalvaccine recommendations.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2020; 16: 933-944
- Knowledge and attitudes regarding category B ACIP recommendations among primary care providers for children.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 763-768
- Adoption of serogroup B meningococcal vaccine recommendations.Pediatrics. 2018; 142https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2018-0344
- National, regional, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13–17 years — United States, 2019.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 1109-1116https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6933a1
- Understanding the category B recommendation for serogroup B meningococcal vaccine.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20163484https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2016-3484
Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/acip-scdm-faqs.html. Accessed August 10, 2021.
- 279. Improving meningococcal B vaccination among US college students.J Adolesc Health. 2020; 66: S141https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2019.11.282
Available at: http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/. Accessed September 30, 2021.
- The architecture of provider-parent vaccine discussions at health supervision visits.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 1037-1046https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-2037
- Parents not Keeping up With Teen Vaccines.C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital National Poll on Children’s Health, University of Michigan, Michigan2017: 29 (Available at:)http://mottpoll.org/reports-surveys/parents-not-keeping-teen-vaccinesDate accessed: March 9, 2022
- Realizing shared decision-making in practice.JAMA. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2019.9797
- Shared decision making: a model for clinical practice.J Gen Intern Med. 2012; 27: 1361-1367
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. The SHARE approach. Essential steps of shared decision-making: expanded reference guide with sample conversation starters. Available at:https://www.ahrq.gov/sites/default/files/wysiwyg/professionals/education/curriculum-tools/shareddecisionmaking/tools/tool-2/share-tool2.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2020.
Lee GM. Shared Clinical Decision–Making For Immunization Recommendations. 2020. Available at:https://www.gotostage.com/channel/ff5edf4ebb134ec481037f5c774daa3f/recording/62c4059dfe71461fadfd80cb3d5be82a/watch. Accessed February 19, 2020.
- Strength and clarity of vaccine recommendations influence providers’ practice.Pediatrics. 2018; 142e20181633
- Suboptimal uptake of meningococcal vaccines among older adolescents: barriers, solutions, and future research directions.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2020; 16: 3208-3212
- Parental awareness of meningococcal B vaccines and willingness to vaccinate their teens.Vaccine. 2019; 37: 670-676
- US College Students are at increased risk for Serogroup B meningococcal disease.J Pediatr Infect Dis Society. 2020; 9: 244-247
- Parental awareness and utilization of meningococcal serogroup B vaccines in the United States.BMC Public Health. 2020; 20: 1109
- Implementation experience with meningococcal serogroup B vaccines in the United States.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2021; 40: 269-275
- Announcements versus conversations to improve HPV vaccination coverage: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20161764
- Factors associated with receipt of meningococcal B vaccine among United States adolescents, National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2017-2018.J Adolesc Health. 2021; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2021.04.029
- Meningococcal B vaccination coverage among older adolescents in the United States.Vaccine. 2021; 39: 2660-2667
- Patient decision aid in vaccination: a systematic review of the literature.Expert Rev Vaccin. 2020; 19: 305-311
Conflict of interest: A.B.M.’s institution received funding via a services agreement with Pfizer, Inc to complete this project. She served as Principal Investigator. Outside of the current research, G.D.Z. has served as a consultant and advisory board member to Merck and as an advisory board member to Moderna. He also has received investigator-initiated research funding from Merck administered through Indiana University. A.K.S. is a Pfizer employee and may hold stock or stock options. B.A.A. has no conflicts of interest to disclose.