Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Effect of hospital-based comprehensive care clinic on health costs for Medicaid-insured medically complex children.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 392-398https://doi.org/10.1001/archpediatrics.2011.5
- Integrated complex care coordination for children with medical complexity: a mixed-methods evaluation of tertiary care-community collaboration.BMC Health Serv Res. 2012; 12: 366-377https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6963-12-366
- Consultative care coordination through the medical home for CSHCN: a randomized controlled trial.Matern Child Health J. 2011; 15: 1110-1118https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-010-0658-8
- Effect of an enhanced medical home on serious illness and cost of care among high-risk children with chronic illness: a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 312: 2640-2648https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2014.16419
- The pediatric alliance for coordinated care: evaluation of a medical home model.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1507-1516
- Care coordination for children with special needs in Medicaid: lessons from Medicare.Am J Manag Care. 2018; 24: 197-202
- Care coordination with schools: the role of family-centered care for children with special health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2017; 21: 1073-1078https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-016-2203-x
- School-aged children who are not progressing academically: considerations for pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2019; 144e20192520https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-2520
- The link between school attendance and good health.Pediatrics. 2019; 143e20183648https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2018-3648
- Role of the school physician.Pediatrics. 2013; 131 (doi: https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2012-2995. Re-affirmed January 2019 at e20191002): 178-182
Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative (CAHMI). 2016-2017 National Survey of Children's Health (2 Years Combined Data Set): Child and family health measures, national performance and outcome measures, and subgroups, SAS Codebook, Version 1.0. Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health supported by Cooperative Agreement U59MC27866 from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Maternal and Child Health Bureau (MCHB). 2019. Available at: www.childhealthdata.org. Accessed June 10, 2019.
- National Survey of Children's Health: Methodology Report. U.S. Department of Commerce, Economics and Statistics Administration.U.S. Census Bureau, 2017 (Available at:)https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/programs-surveys/nsch/tech-documentation/methodology/2017-NSCH-Methodology-Report.pdf(Published August 2, 2018. Accessed June 10, 2019)
- Most children with medical complexity do not receive care in well-functioning health care systems.Hosp Pediatr. 2021; 11 (PMCID: PMC7831373): 183-191https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.2020-0182
- Care coordination services in pediatric practices.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1517-1521
- Barriers to care coordination and medical home implementation.Pediatrics. 2016; 138e20153458https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-3458
- Mental health in the United States: Health care and well being of children with chronic emotional, behavioral, or developmental problems - Unites States, 2001.MMWR. 2005; 54: 985-989
- Joint Guidance on the Application of FERPA and HIPAA to Student Health Records.U.S. Department of Education, Protecting Student Privacy, 2019 (Available at:)https://studentprivacy.ed.gov/resources/joint-guidance-application-ferpa-and-hipaa-student-health-records(Updated December 2019. Accessed March 19, 2020)
- ADHD parent-pediatrician letters to the school: a family-centered medical home tool to improve collaboration, grades, and behavior.Glob Pediatr Health. 2015; 2 (10.1177/2333794 × 15574284): 1-4
- Sustainable care coordination: a qualitative study of primary care provider, administator, and insurer perspectives.BMC Health Serv Res. 2019; 19-29: 92https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-3916-5
- Understanding how health systems facilitate primary care redesign.Health Serv Res. 2020; 55: 1144-1154https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.13576
CMS. Chronic care management services. Medicare Learning Network Booklet. ICN MLN909188. July 2019. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Medicare-Learning-Network-MLN/MLNProducts/Downloads/ChronicCareManagement.pdf. Accessed date June 17, 2019.
- Patient- and family-centered care coordination: A framework for integrating care for children and youth across multiple systems.Pediatrics. 2014; 133 (Re-affirmed April 2018 at e20181836): e1451-e1460https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-0318
- Pediatrician coordination of care for children with mental illnesses.Med Care. 2006; 44: 1085-1091
Antonelli RC, Huth K, Rosenberg H, Bach A; eds. Pediatric Care Coordination Curriculum: An Interprofessional Resource to Effectively Engage Patients and Families in Achieving Optimal Child Health Outcomes. 2nd Ed Boston, Mass: Boston Children's Hospital; 2019. Available at: https://medicalhomeinfo.aap.org/tools-resources/Documents/PCCC%202nd%20Edition/Full%20Pediatric%20Care%20Coordination%20Curriculum.pdf. Accessed December 29, 2021.
- Integrated Care at Boston Children's Hospital-Interprofessional Education in Care Coordination: An Interprofessional Resource to Effectively Engage Patients and Families in Achieving Optimal Child Health Outcomes.2nd Ed. Boston Children's Hospital, Boston, MA2019 (Available at:)Accessed December 29, 2021; last update)
American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. School advocacy-overview: education and schools. American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders. Available at: https://apfed.org/advocacy/school-advocacy/. Accessed December 29, 2021.
- Physicians and schools: a matter of communication.Pediatr Infect Dis. 1996; 15: 98-99https://doi.org/10.1097/00006454-199601000-00027
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest relevant to this article to disclose.