Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) for children with special educational needs.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e1650-e1662https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-3409
Snyder TD, de Brey C, Dillow SA. Digest of Education Statistics 2018 (NCES 2020-009); 2019. Available at: https://nces.ed.gov/pubs2020/2020009.pdf. Accessed December 1, 2021.
- How physicians support children with disabilities and their families: roles, responsibilities and collaborative partnerships.Disabil Health J. 2016; 9: 692-704https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dhjo.2016.05.007
- Primary care physicians’ knowledge of and confidence in their referrals for special education services in 3- to 5-year-old children.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2014; 53: 166-172https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922813503036
- Physical health in children with neurodevelopmental disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2019; 49: 83https://doi.org/10.1007/S10803-018-3697-4
BPS Communications Office. Boston public schools at a glance 2017-2018.; 2017. Available at: www.bostonpublicschools.org. Accessed December 8, 2021
- Culturally and linguistically diverse parents’ perceptions of the IEP process a review of current research.Mult Voices Ethn Divers Except Learn. 2013; 13: 4-18https://doi.org/10.5555/MUVO.13.2.Y452140732MLG231
Kulkarni SS. Racial and ethnic disproportionality in special education programs. Oxford Res Encycl Educ. Published online 2020. https://doi.org/10.1093/ACREFORE/9780190264093.013.1242.
- Parent perceptions of the advocacy expectation in special education.Except Child. 2021; 87: 438-457https://doi.org/10.1177/0014402921994095
Turner C, Klein R. Families fight schools for the special education COVID shut down. NPR. Available at: https://www.npr.org/2021/06/16/994587239/after-months-of-special-education-turmoil-families-say-schools-owe-them. Published 2021. Accessed January 17, 2022.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.