Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Association of salary differences between medical specialties with sex distribution.JAMA Pediatr. 2021; 175: 524-525
- Gender differences in academic medicine: retention, rank, and leadership comparisons from the national faculty survey.Acad Med. 2018; 93: 1694-1699
- Gender differences in earnings of early- and midcareer pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2019; 144
- Sex differences in physician salary in US Public Medical Schools.JAMA Intern Med. 2016; 176: 1294-1304
- Gender disparity in editorial boards of journals in neurology.Neurology. 2020; 95: 489-491
- When a specialty becomes “Women's Work”: Trends in and implications of specialty gender segregation in medicine.Acad Med. 2020; 95: 1499-1506
- The gender pay gap in medicine: a systematic review.Health Care Manage Rev. 2021; 46: E37-E49
- Women physicians and promotion in academic medicine.N Engl J Med. 2020; 383: 2148-2157
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). The State of Women in Academic Medicine 2018-2019: Exploring Pathways to Equity. Washington, DC 2020.
- Differences in lifetime earning potential for pediatric subspecialists.Pediatrics. 2021; 147
- Association of lifetime earning potential and workforce distribution among pediatric subspecialists.JAMA Pediatr. 2021;
- Does fellowship pay: what is the long-term financial impact of subspecialty training in pediatrics?.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 254-260
Association of American Medical Colleges. 2019-2020 Survey of Residents/Fellow Stipends and Benefits Report. Washington, DC 2020.
Association of American Medical Colleges. 2019-2020 Faculty Salary Report.Washington, DC 2020.
Boyle P. Faculty salaries rise 2.3%, and new data spotlight gender gap. 2020. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/faculty-salaries-rise-23-and-new-data-spotlight-gender-gap. Published 2/6/2020. Accessed May 18, 2021.
Association of American Medical Colleges. Medical student education: debt, costs, and loan repayment fact card. Available at: https://store.aamc.org/downloadable/download/sample/sample_id/296/. Published 2020. Accessed May 29, 2020.
American Board Of Pediatrics. Interactive ABP Workforce Data. Available at: https://www.abp.org/content/data-and-workforce. Published 2020. Accessed May 12, 2021.
- A time to be promoted. The Prospective Study of Promotion in Academia (Prospective Study of Promotion in Academia).J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 123-129
- Gender differences in academic productivity and leadership appointments of physicians throughout academic careers.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 43-47
U.S. Department of Education. Undertanding how interest is calculated and what fees are associated with your federal student loan. Available at: https://studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/loans/interest-rates. Published 2020. Accessed May 29, 2020.
Microsoft. NPV function. Available at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/npv-function-8672cb67-2576-4d07-b67b-ac28acf2a568. Published 2020. Accessed July 16, 2020.
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Interest Rates, Discount Rate for United States. Available at: https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/INTDSRUSM193N. Published 2020. Accessed June 29, 2020.
- Comparison of number and geographic distribution of pediatric subspecialists and patient proximity to specialized care in the US between 2003 and 2019.JAMA Pediatr. 2020; 174: 852-860
- Growth and changes in the pediatric medical subspecialty workforce pipeline.Pediatr Res. 2020; 89: 1297-1303
- Workforce trends and analysis of selected pediatric subspecialties in the United States.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: 805-812
- When does gender matter?: gender differences in specialty choice among physicians.Work Occup. 2011; 38: 221-262
Association of American Medical Colleges. Composition of the RVS Update Committee (RUC). Available at: https://www.ama-assn.org/about/rvs-update-committee-ruc/composition-rvs-update-committee-ruc. Accessed January 5, 2021.
- Why are some academic fields tipping toward female? The sex composition of U.S. fields of doctoral degree receipt, 1971–2002.Sociol Educ. 2007; 80: 23-42
- Gender Segregation in Occupations: The Role of Tipping and Social Interactions.J Labor Econ. 2015; 3: 365-408
- Occupational feminization and pay: assessing causal dynamics using 1950-2000 U.S. Census data.Social Forces. 2009; 88: 865-891
- Closing the gender pay gap in medicine.N Engl J Med. 2021; 385: 2501-2504
- Addressing gender-based disparities in academic medicine: impact of equalizing starting salaries for women and men.JAMA Network Open. 2022; 5 (In press)e220067
- 2020 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule.Federal Register. 2020; ((accessed ahead of publication at Available at:) ())https://public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2020-26815.pdfDate accessed: January 3, 2021
- Differences in lifetime earning potential between pediatric and adult physicians.Pediatrics. 2021; 148
- Current Workforce of Pediatric Subspecialists in the United States.Pediatrics. 2017; 139
- Private practice rates among pediatric subspecialists.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 673-676