Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A framework for effective training for supervisors.Med Teach. 2002; 24: 385-389https://doi.org/10.1080/0142159021000000834
- Learning to drive: resident physicians’ perceptions of how attending physicians promote and undermine autonomy.BMC Med Educ. 2019; 19: 293https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-019-1732-6
American Board of Medical Specialties. ABMS officially recognizes pediatric hospital medicine subspecialty. Available at:https://www.abms.org/news-events/abms-officially-recognizes-pediatric-hospital-medicine-subspecialty-certification/. Accessed April 20, 2020.
- The ACGME 2011 Duty Hour Standards: Enhancing Quality of Care, Supervision, and Resident Professional Development.Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Ill2011 (Available at)Accessed December 17, 2019)
ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in pediatric hospital medicine. Available at: https://www.acgme.org/Portals/0/PFAssets/ProgramRequirements/334_PediatricHospitalMedicine_2020.pdf?ver=2020-06-29-163350-910. Accessed July 20, 2020.
- The current state of PHM fellowships.J Hosp Med. 2016; 5: 324-328https://doi.org/10.1002/jhm.2571
- Self-determination theory and the facilitation of intrinsic motivation, social development, and well-being.Am Psychol. 2000; 55: 68
- Perceptions of the inpatient training experience: a nationwide survey of gastroenterology program directors and fellows.Dig Dis Sci. 2017; 62 (Epub 2017 Aug 16. PMID: 28815353): 2631-2647https://doi.org/10.1007/s10620-017-4711-y
- Purposeful sampling for qualitative data collection and analysis in mixed method implementation research.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2015; 42 (PMID: 24193818; PMCID: PMC4012002): 533-544https://doi.org/10.1007/s10488-013-0528-y
- Foundations of Validity: Meaning and Consequences in Psychological Assessment.Educational Testing Service, Princeton, NJ1993
- Current concepts in validity and reliability for psychometric instruments: theory and application.Am J Med. 2006; 119https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2005.10.036
- On-call supervision and resident autonomy: from micromanager to absentee attending.Am J Med. 2019; 122: 784-788https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjmed.2009.04.011
- Developing questionnaires for educational research: AMEE Guide No. 87.Med Teach. 2014; 36: 463-474
- Motivation to learn: an overview of contemporary theories.Med Educ. 2016; 50 (PMID: 27628718; PMCID: PMC5113774): 997-1014https://doi.org/10.1111/medu.13074
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap) - a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Standard Definitions: Final Dispositions of Case Codes and Outcome Rates for Surveys.9th ed. AAPOR, 2016 (Available at)Accessed November 15, 2020)
- Teamwork on an inpatient ward team: an ethnographic study.Hosp Pediatri. 2018; 8: 353https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.201-0158
- The pediatric hospital medicine core competencies: 2020 revision. Introduction and methodology.J. Hosp. Med. 2020; 7: 389-394https://doi.org/10.12788/jhm.3391
- Factors and behaviors related to the promotion of pediatric hospital medicine fellow autonomy: a qualitative study of faculty.Acad Pediatr. 2019; 19 (Epub 2019 May 9): 703-711https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2019.05.003
The American Board of Pediatrics. Entrustable professional activities for subspecialties: hospital medicine. Available at: https://www.abp.org/subspecialty-epas. Accessed December 1, 2020.
- Rounding like a ninja: preparing faculty and team to empower senior residents during family-centered rounds.in: Presented at: Association of Pediatric Program Directors Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TexasSeptember 2012 (Available at)
- The instructor's guide for the SOS-REACH (suspected observable senior resident empowerment action checklist) and SREA-21: tools for evaluating senior resident empowerment during family-centered rounds.MedEdPORTAL. 2011; https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.8547
- Promoting resident autonomy during family-centered rounds: a qualitative study of resident, hospitalist, and subspecialty physicians.J Grad Med Educ. 2016; 8: 731-738
- Ward rounds with or without an attending physician: how interns learn most successfully.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16 (Epub 2016 Jun 6. PMID: 27283038): 638-644https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2016.05.149
- Righting the autonomy-supervision pendulum: understanding the impact of independent rounds on medical students, residents, and faculty.Acad Med. 2020; 95 (11S Association of American Medical Colleges Learn Serve Lead: Proceedings of the 59th Annual Research in Medical Education Presentations): S28-S36https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0000000000003645
- Progressive independence in clinical training: perspectives of a national, multispecialty panel of residents and fellows.J Grad Med Educ. 2015; 7: 700-704https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-07-04-51
- Evidence-informed facilitated feedback: the R2C2 feedback model.MedEdPORTAL. 2016; 12: 10387https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10387
- Feedback can be less stressful: medical trainee perceptions of using the prepare to ADAPT (ask-discuss-ask-plan together) framework.Cureus. 2018; 10 (Published 2018 Dec 11): e3718https://doi.org/10.7759/cureus.3718
- Perceptions of 24/7 in-house attending coverage on fellow education and autonomy in a Pediatric Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit.Congenit Heart Dis. 2015; 10: E107-E112https://doi.org/10.1111/chd.12261
- Pediatric emergency medicine fellow clinical work requirements.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1995; 11: 381-388https://doi.org/10.1097/00006565-199512000-00013
- National study of continuity clinic satisfaction in pediatric fellowship training.Adv Med Educ Pract. 2013; 4 (Published 2013 Sep 16): 165-169https://doi.org/10.2147/AMEP.S51069
- “Back to Bedside”: residents' and fellows' perspectives on finding meaning in work.J Grad Med Educ. 2017; 9: 269-273https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-17-00136.1
- Bringing scientific rigor to survey design in health care research.Hosp Pediatri. 2019; 9: 743https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.2019-0101
- Survey Methodology.2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY2009
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.