Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Bedside teaching in medical education: a literature review.Perspect Med Educ. 2014; 3: 76-88https://doi.org/10.1007/s40037-013-0083-y
- What methods are used to apply positive deviance within healthcare organisations? A systematic review.BMJ Qual Saf. 2016; 25: 190-201https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2015-004386
- The positive deviance/hearth approach to reducing child malnutrition: systematic review.Trop Med Int Health. 2011; 16: 1354-1366https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-3156.2011.02839.x
- Twelve Tips for implementing a community practice for faculty development.Med Teach. 2020; 42: 143-149https://doi.org/10.1080/0142159X.2018.1552782
- Harnessing the hidden curriculum: a four-step approach to developing and reinforcing reflective competencies in medical clinical clerkship.Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2015; 20: 1355-1370https://doi.org/10.1007/s10459-014-9558-9
- Peer teaching in medical education: twelve reasons to move from theory to practice.Med Teach. 2007; 29: 591-599https://doi.org/10.1080/01421590701606799
- How personality traits affect clinician-supervisors' work engagement and subsequently their teaching performance in residency training.Med Teach. 2016; 38: 1105-1111https://doi.org/10.3109/0142159x.2016.1170774
- Qualities of resident teachers valued by medical students.Fam Med. 2016; 48: 381-384
- Residents' narrative feedback on teaching performance of clinical teachers: analysis of the content and phrasing of suggestions for improvement.Postgrad Med J. 2016; 92: 145-151https://doi.org/10.1136/postgradmedj-2014-133214
- Evaluating clinicians' teaching performance.Perspect Med Educ. 2015; 4: 264-267https://doi.org/10.1007/s40037-015-0215-7
- Clinical teaching performance improvement of faculty in residency training: a prospective cohort study.Med Teach. 2016; 38: 464-470https://doi.org/10.3109/0142159x.2015.1060302
- Enhancing educational scholarship through conceptual frameworks: a challenge and roadmap for medical educators.Acad Pediatr. 2019; 19: 135-141https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2018.08.003
- Social Foundations of Thought and Action: A Social Cognitive Theory. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ1986
McKay S, Quality improvement approaches: positive deviance, Carnegie Foundation Web Site. Available at:https://www.carnegiefoundation.org/blog/quality-improvement-approaches-positivedeviance/#:∼:text=When%20positive%20deviance%20is%20applied,who%20do%20persist%20until%20graduation. Accessed February 22, 2022. Published September 20, 2017.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.