Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The role of the pediatrician in primary prevention of obesity.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e275-e292
- Prevention of obesity in infancy and early childhood: a National Institutes of Health workshop.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 484-490
- Assessment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S193-S228
- Trends in obesity prevalence by race and Hispanic origin—1999-2000 to 2017-2018.Jama. 2020; 324: 1208-1210
- Prevalence of High Weight-for-Recumbent Length Among Infants and Toddlers From Birth to 24 Months of Age: United States, 1971-1974 Through 2015-2016.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Md2018 (Health E-Stats)
- Trends in anthropometric measures among US children 6 to 23 months, 1976-2014.Pediatrics. 2017; 139: e20163374
- Body composition assessment in the infant.Am J Hum Biol. 2014; 26: 291-304
- Body mass index is a better indicator of body composition than weight-for-length at age 1 month.J Pediatr. 2019; 204 (e71): 77-83
- Assessment of body mass index in infancy: it is time to revise our guidelines.J Pediatr. 2019; 204: 10-11
- Building data infrastructure to evaluate and improve quality: PCORnet.J Oncol Pract. 2015; 11: 204-206
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) Anthropometry Procedures Manual. US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.2013.
De Onis M, World Health Organization. WHO child growth standards: length/height-for-age, weight-for-age, weight-for-length, weight-for-height and body mass index-for-age: methods and development. 2006.
- Automated identification of implausible values in growth data from pediatric electronic health records.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2017; 24: 1080-1087
- Tracking of obesity among 2-to 9-year-olds in an electronic heath record database from 2006 to 2018.Obes Sci Pract. 2020; 6: 300-306
- Using electronic health records for population health research: a review of methods and applications.Annu Rev Public Health. 2016; 37: 61-81
- Not so implausible: impact of longitudinal assessment of implausible anthropometric measures on obesity prevalence and weight change in children and adolescents.Ann Epidemiol. 2019; 31 (e65): 69-74
- Characterizing a “big data” cohort of over 200,000 low-income US infants and children for obesity research: The ADVANCE Early Life Cohort.Matern Child Health J. 2017; 21: 421-431
Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Obesity among WIC-enrolled young children. Available at:https://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/obesity-among-WIC-enrolled-young-children.html. Updated November 22, 2019. Accessed January 22, 2021.
State of Childhood Obesity. Obesity rates for youth ages 10 to 17. Available at: https://stateofchildhoodobesity.org/children1017/. Updated October 2020. Accessed January 25, 2021.
Georgetown University Center for Children and Families American Academy of Pediatrics. Snapshot of children's coverage: how Medicaid, CHIP, and the ACA cover children. Available at:https://ccf.georgetown.edu/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/North-Carolina-Medicaid-CHIP-new-v1.pdf. Published 2016. Accessed January 28, 2021.
Kaiser Family Foundation. Health insurance coverage of children 0-18. Available at:https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicator/children-0-18/?currentTimeframe=11&sortModel=%7B%22colId%22:%22Location%22,%22sort%22:%22asc%22%7D. Accessed January 28, 2021.
- The effect of the 2009 WIC food package change on childhood obesity varies by gender and initial weight status in Los Angeles County.Pediatr Obes. 2019; 14: e12526
- Association of weight for length vs body mass index during the first 2 years of life with cardiometabolic risk in early adolescence.JAMA Network Open. 2018; 1e182460
- An observational cohort study of weight-and length-derived anthropometric indicators with body composition at birth and 5 mo: the Healthy Start study.Am J Clin Nutr. 2017; 106: 559-567
- Infant BMI or weight-for-length and obesity risk in early childhood.Pediatrics. 2016; 137: e20153492
- Body mass index changes in early childhood.J Pediatr. 2018; 202: 106-114
- Weight status in the first 6 months of life and obesity at 3 years of age.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 1177-1183
- Comparing prevalence estimates from population-based surveys to inform surveillance using electronic health records.Prev Chronic Dis. 2017; 14: E44
The authors have no conflicts of interest.