Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A survey of the impact of disruptive behaviors and communication defects on patient safety.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2008; 34: 464-471
- The effect of an educational programme on attitudes of nurses and medical residents towards the benefits of positive communication and collaboration: Attitudes toward communication and collaboration.J Adv Nurs. 2012; 68: 293-301https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05736.x
- A Program to Improve Communication and Collaboration Between Nurses and Medical Residents.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2010; 41: 8
- Nurse-physician collaboration in an academic medical centre: The influence of organisational and individual factors.J Interprof Care. 2016; 30: 655-660
- Understanding the impact of interprofessional collaboration on the quality of care: a case report from a small-scale resource limited health care environment.J Multidiscip Healthc. 2017; 10: 227-234https://doi.org/10.2147/JMDH.S140042
- Working Together Toward a Common Goal: A Grounded Theory of Nurse- Physician Collaboration.Medsurg Nurs. 2015; 24: 8
- Nurses’ perceptions of nurse-physician relationships: Medical-surgical vs, intensive care.Medsurg Nurs. 2012; 21: 343-347
- Interprofessional Collaboration between Residents and Nurses in General Internal Medicine: A Qualitative Study on Behaviours Enhancing Teamwork Quality. Harris F, ed.PLoS ONE. 2014; 9: e96160https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0096160
- Implementation of Unit-Based Interventions to Improve Teamwork and Patient Safety on a Medical Service.Am J Med Qual. 2015; 30: 409-416https://doi.org/10.1177/1062860614538093
- What Do Surgical Nurses Know About Surgical Residents?.J Surg Educ. 2009; 66: 383-391https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsurg.2009.08.001
- A qualitative investigation to identify factors influencing relationship formation between pediatric nurses and pediatric interns.J Interprofessional Educ Pract. 2021; 22100404
- An interprofessional curriculum to advance relational coordination and professionalism in early-career practitioners.MedEd PORTAL. 2018; 14: 10697
- A Brief Communication Curriculum Improves Resident and Nurse Communication Skills and Patient Satisfaction.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 1167-1173https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-019-04951-6
- How much teamwork exists between nurses and junior doctors in the intensive care unit?: Collaboration between nurses and junior doctors in the ICU.J Adv Nurs. 2011; 67: 1817-1823https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2011.05616.x
- Evaluation of an interprofessional collaboration workshop for post-graduate residents, nursing and allied health professionals.J Interprof Care. 2010; 24: 315-318https://doi.org/10.3109/13561820903163827
- A pilot program to improve nursing and surgical intern collaboration: Lessons learned from a mixed-methods study.Am J Surg. 2017; 213: 292-298https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjsurg.2016.10.014
- Improving nurse-physician teamwork through interprofessional bedside rounding.J Multidiscip Healthc. 2016; 9: 201-205https://doi.org/10.2147/JMDH.S106644
- Improving Communication Through Resident-Nurse Shadowing.Hosp Pediatr. 2017; 7: 660-667https://doi.org/10.1542/hpeds.2017-0001
- Enhancing Nurse–Resident Physician Partnerships.Creat Nurs. 2015; 21: 150-155https://doi.org/10.1891/1078-45220.127.116.11
- Physician-nurse relationships after participation in a shadowing program.Nursing (Lond). 2018; 48: 66-69https://doi.org/10.1097/01.NURSE.0000547726.15352.ac
- Effect of Peer-to-Peer Nurse–Physician Collaboration on Attitudes Toward the Nurse–Physician Relationship.J Nurses Prof Dev. 2017; 31: 13-18https://doi.org/10.1097/NND.0000000000000310
Core Competencies for Interprofessional Collaborative Practice: 2016 Update. Published online 2016:22.
- Qualitative data analysis for applied policy research.Analyzing Qualitative Data. Routledge, 1994
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Acknowledgments: The authors wish to thank the MGHfC pediatric residents and Ellison 17 and 18 nurses for their participation in this study and Dr. Shannon E. Scott-Vernaglia for her co-leadership of the NIPP.
Conflicts of Interest: none