Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Children with medical complexity: an emerging population for clinical and research initiatives.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 529-538https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2010-0910
- Intense parenting: a qualitative study detailing the experiences of parenting children with complex care needs.BMC Pediatr. 2015; 15: 197https://doi.org/10.1186/s12887-015-0514-5
- Children with medical complexity in Canada.Paediatr Child Health. 2013; 18: 518-522
Berry J, Agrawal RK, Cohen E, et al. The landscape of medical care for children with medical complexity. 2013.
- Nursing's contribution to research about parenting children with complex chronic conditions: an integrative review, 2002 to 2012.Nurs Outlook. 2013; 61: 266-290https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2013.03.008
- Families with children who are technology dependent: normalization and family functioning.West J Nurs Res. 2012; 34: 52-71https://doi.org/10.1177/0193945910389623
- A national mental health profile of parents of children with medical complexity.Pediatrics. 2021; 148https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-023358
- Risk factors for mental health difficulties in parents of children with cerebral palsy: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Clin Psychol. 2021; 25: 1-18https://doi.org/10.1080/13284207.2020.1829945
- Health outcomes of parents of children with chronic illness: a systematic review and meta-analysis.J Pediatr. 2020; 218: 166-177.e2https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2019.10.068
- Caring about caregivers: the role of paediatricians in supporting the mental health of parents of children with high caregiving needs.Arch Dis Child. 2020; 105: 1028-1030https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2019-318729
- Children with medical complexity: a scoping review of interventions to support caregiver stress.Child Care Health Dev. 2017; 43: 323-333https://doi.org/10.1111/cch.12430
Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health. CCKO functions of a complex care clinic and program standard. 2017. https://www.pcmch.on.ca/complex-care-for-kids-ontario/. Accessed March 21, 2022.
- The effects of psychological treatment of maternal depression on children and parental functioning: a meta-analysis.Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2015; 24: 237-245https://doi.org/10.1007/s00787-014-0660-6
- Key components of early intervention programs for preterm infants and their parents: a systematic review and meta-analysis.BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2013; 13: S10https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2393-13-S1-S10
- Two-generation pediatric care: a modest proposal.Pediatrics. 2016; 137https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-3447
Vanderlip ER, Rundell J, Avery M, et al. Dissemination of integrated care within adult primary care settings: the collaborative care model. 2016.
- The efficacy and cost-effectiveness of stepped care prevention and treatment for depressive and/or anxiety disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Sci Rep. 2016; 6: 29281https://doi.org/10.1038/srep29281
- Collaborative care for depression and anxiety problems.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; 10Cd006525https://doi.org/10.1002/14651858.CD006525.pub2
SickKids. Complex care. Accessed May 17, 2022, https://www.sickkids.ca/en/care-services/clinical-departments/complex-care/
- Complex care for kids Ontario: protocol for a mixed-methods randomised controlled trial of a population-level care coordination initiative for children with medical complexity.BMJ Open. 2019; 9e028121https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-028121
- How we design feasibility studies.Am J Prev Med. 2009; 36: 452-457https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2009.02.002
- A brief summary of pilot and feasibility studies: exploring terminology, aims, and methods.Eur J Integr Med. 2018; 24: 65-70https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eujim.2018.10.017
- Outcomes for implementation research: conceptual distinctions, measurement challenges, and research agenda.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2011; 38: 65-76https://doi.org/10.1007/s10488-010-0319-7
- Assessment of client/patient satisfaction: development of a general scale.Eval Prog Plan. 1979; 2: 197-207https://doi.org/10.1016/0149-7189(79)90094-6
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS) developed and tested its first wave of adult self-reported health outcome item banks: 2005-2008.J Clin Epidemiol. 2010; 63: 1179-1194
- The satisfaction with life scale.J Pers Assess. 1985; 49: 71-75https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1525-1497.2001.016009606.x
- A brief measure for assessing generalized anxiety disorder: the GAD-7.Arch Intern Med. 2006; 166: 1092-1097https://doi.org/10.1001/archinte.166.10.1092
- Short screening scales to monitor population prevalences and trends in non-specific psychological distress.Psychol Med. 2002; 32: 959-976
- The posttraumatic stress disorder checklist for DSM-5 (PCL-5): development and initial psychometric evaluation.J Trauma Stress. 2015; 28: 489-498https://doi.org/10.1002/jts.22059
- Childhood illness-related parenting stress: the pediatric inventory for parents.J Pediatr Psychol. 2001; 26: 155-162https://doi.org/10.1093/jpepsy/26.3.155
- Screening for caregivers at risk: extended validation of the short version of the Burden Scale for Family Caregivers (BSFC-s) with a valid classification system for caregivers caring for an older person at home.BMC Health Serv Res. 2018; 18: 229https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-018-3047-4
- Psychometric testing of the revised 15-item Bakas Caregiving Outcomes Scale.Nurs Res. 2006; 55: 346-355https://doi.org/10.1097/00006199-200609000-00007
- Virtual care, telemedicine visits, and real connection in the era of COVID-19: unforeseen opportunity in the face of adversity.JAMA. 2021; 5: 437-438
- Maternal depression and early intervention: a call for an integration of services.Infants Young Child. 2015; 28: 72-87https://doi.org/10.1097/iyc.0000000000000024
- It takes time: impacts of early head start that lead to reductions in maternal depression two years later.Infant Ment Health J. 2007; 28: 151-170https://doi.org/10.1002/imhj.20127
Knitzer J, Theberge S, Johnson K. Reducing maternal depression and its impact on young children: toward a responsive early childhood policy framework. 2008.
- Depression training in an assisted living facility: a pilot study.J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv. 2016; 54: 25-31https://doi.org/10.3928/02793695-20160201-01
- Filling the void in geriatric mental health: the geropsychiatric nursing collaborative as a model for change.Nurs Outlook. 2011; 59: 236-241https://doi.org/10.1016/j.outlook.2011.05.016
- Trends and opportunities in geropsychiatric nursing: enhancing practice through specialization and interprofessional education.J Nurs Educ. 2013; 52: 317-321https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20130509-03
- Psychosocial interventions for caregivers of people with dementia: a systematic review.Aging Ment Health. 2001; 5: 120-135https://doi.org/10.1080/713650019
- Impact of psychoeducational interventions on distressed family caregivers.J Clin Geropsychol. 2000; 6: 91-110https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1009584427018
- Experiences with unregulated respite care among family caregivers of children dependent on respiratory technologies.J Child Health Care. 2018; 22: 46-56https://doi.org/10.1177/1367493517746770
- Caring for the family caregiver: lessons learned in child health.Healthc Pap. 2015; 15: 40-46https://doi.org/10.12927/hcpap.2015.24397
- NICU-based interventions to reduce maternal depressive and anxiety symptoms: a meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2017; 139https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2016-1870
- Effectiveness of therapeutic behavioral interventions for parents of low birth weight premature infants: a review.Infant Ment Health J. 2012; 33: 651-665https://doi.org/10.1002/imhj.21349
- Screening parents during child evaluations: exploring parent and child psychopathology in the same clinic.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2011; 50: 441-450https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2011.02.002
- Screening for depression in the postpartum period: a comparison of three instruments.J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2008; 17: 585-596https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2006.0248
- Implementation of a mental health screening program in a pediatric tertiary care setting.Clin Pediatr. 2019;
- The value of screening parents for their risk of developing psychological symptoms after PICU: a feasibility study evaluating a pediatric intensive care follow-up clinic.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2015; 16: 808-813https://doi.org/10.1097/PCC.0000000000000488
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.