Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Explaining health inequalities: beyond black and barker: a discussion of some issues emerging in the decade following the black report.Eur Sociol Rev. 1995; 11: 219-241
- Individual and neighborhood-level factors in predicting asthma.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 759-763
- Racial and socioeconomic disparity in perforated appendicitis among children: where is the problem?.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 870-875
- The relationship of reported neighborhood conditions with child mental health.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 523-531
- Low-income neighborhoods and the risk of severe pediatric injury: a small-area analysis in northern Manhattan.Am J Public Health. 1994; 84: 587-592
- The Child Opportunity Index: improving collaboration between community development and public health.Health Aff. 2014; 33: 1948-1957
- The Child Opportunity Index and disparities in pediatric asthma hospitalizations across one Ohio Metropolitan Area, 2011-2013.J Pediatr. 2017; 190: 200-206
- The Child Opportunity Index 2.0 and hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions.Pediatrics. 2021; 148 (e2020032755)
- The association of the childhood opportunity index on pediatric readmissions and emergency department revisits.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 22: 614-621
- Child Opportunity Index and changes in pediatric acute care utilization in the COVID-19 pandemic.Pediatrics. 2022; 149 (e2021053706)
- Complexity and severity of pediatric patients treated at United States Emergency Departments.J Pediatr. 2017; 186: 145-149.e1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2017.03.035
- Child Opportunity Index 2.0 and acute care utilization among children with medical complexity.J Hosp Med. 2022; 17: 243-251
- Association between neighborhood-level social determinants of health and access to pediatric appendicitis care.JAMA Netw open. 2022; 5: e2148865
- Association of neighborhood resources and race and ethnicity with readmissions for diabetic ketoacidosis at US Children's Hospitals.JAMA Netw Open. 2022; 5 (e2210456)
Illinois Hospitals. Illinois Department of Public Health. Illinois Hospitals. Available at: http://www.idph.state.il.us/tfhpr/materials/Maphandout.pdf. Accessed January 17, 2022.
Diversity Data Kids. Indicators of child opportunity. 2020. Available at: https://www.diversitydatakids.org/research-library/research-brief/indicators-child-opportunity Accessed January 7, 2022.
Noelke C, Mcardle N, Baek M, et al. Child Opportunity Index 2.0 Technical Documentation Child Opportunity Index 2.0 Technical Documentation. Available at: diversitydatakids.org/research-library/research-brief/how-we-built-it. Accessed May 4, 2022.
- The concept of race in research: using composite variables.Ethn Dis. 2007; 17: 560-567
- Race as a bundle of sticks: designs that estimate effects of seemingly immutable characteristics.Annu Rev Polit Sci. 2016; 19: 499-522
- Pediatric clinical classification system for use in inpatient settings.JAMA Pediatr. 2021; 175: 525-527
- Assessing proportionality in the proportional odds model for ordinal logistic regression.Biometrics. 1990; 46: 1171-1178
Merrill C, Owens PL. Reasons for Being Admitted to the Hospital Through the Emergency Department for Children and Adolescents, 2004: Statistical Brief #33. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (US); 2006.
- The impact of health insurance gaps on access to care among children with asthma in the United States.Ambul Pediatr. 2008; 8: 43-49
- Temporal trends in emergency department visits for bronchiolitis in the United States, 2006-2010.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014; 33: 11
- Economic disparities among pediatric diabetic ketoacidosis readmissions in the US.Diabetes Care. 2022; 45: e46-e47
- Neighborhood child opportunity and individual-level pediatric acute care use and diagnoses.Pediatrics. 2018; 141: e20172309
- The Child Opportunity Index and pediatric emergency medical services utilization.Prehosp Emerg Care. 2022; (in press): 1-13
- Racial and ethnic inequities in children's neighborhoods: evidence from the new Child Opportunity Index 2.0: study uses the Child Opportunity Index 2.0 to examine geographic and racial/ethnic inequities children are exposed to in the one hundred largest m.Health Aff. 2020; 39: 1693-1701
- Association of pediatric suicide with county-level poverty in the United States, 2007-2016.JAMA Pediatr. 2020; 174: 287-294
- Neighborhood poverty and child health: Investing in communities to improve childhood opportunity and well-being.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 21: S184-S193
- Community asthma initiative: evaluation of a quality improvement program for comprehensive asthma care.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 465-472
- Neighborhood-level interventions to improve childhood opportunity and lift children out of poverty.Acad Pediatr. 2016; 16: S128-S135
Noelke C, Ressler RW. Announcing ZIP Code COI estimates | diversitydatakids.org. diversitykidsdata.org. 2022.Available at:https://www.diversitydatakids.org/research-library/blog/announcing-zip-code-coi-estimates. Accessed May 20, 2022.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.