Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Implications of resilience concepts for scientific understanding.Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006; 1094: 1-12https://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1376.002
- Science of resilience.J Cell Biol. 1999; 146 (doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nrmicro2409)
- Resilience and recovery: findings from the Kauai longitudinal study.Research, Policy, and Practice in Children's Mental Health. 2005; 19: 11-14
- Understanding and promoting resilience in children and youth.Current Opinion in Psychiatry. 2011; 24: 267-273https://doi.org/10.1097/YCO.0b013e32834776a8
- The Construct of Resilience: A Critical Evaluation and Guidelines for Future Work.Child Development. 2000; 71: 543-562
- The construct of resilience: Implications for interventions and social policies.Development and Psychopathology. 2000; 12: 857-885https://doi.org/10.1017/S0954579400004156
- Perspectives on resilience: Personality Trait or Skill?.European Journal of Trauma & Dissociation. 2020; 4100074https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejtd.2018.07.002
- Understanding resilience.Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. 2013; 7https://doi.org/10.3389/fnbeh.2013.00010
- Protective factors in children's responses to stress and disadvantage.Ann Acad Med Singap. 1979; 8: 324-338
- Age and Gender Effects on Resilience in Children and Adolescents.International Journal of Mental Health Promotion. 2007; 9: 16-25https://doi.org/10.1080/14623730.2007.9721845
- Risk and resilience in low-income african american families: Moderating effects of kinship social support.Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology. 2010; 16: 344-351https://doi.org/10.1037/a0018675
- Resilience over time: Learning from school-attending adolescents living in conditions of structural inequality.Journal of Adolescence. 2018; 67: 167-178https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adolescence.2018.06.012
- Long-term effects of early intervention: Turkish low-income mothers and children.Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology. 2001; 22: 333-361https://doi.org/10.1016/S0193-3973(01)00071-5
- The influence of early patterns of positive parenting on children's preschool outcomes.Early Education & Development. 2000; 11: 149-169https://doi.org/10.1207/s15566935eed1102
- Age and Gender Differences in the Self-Esteem of Chinese Children.The Journal of Social Psychology. 1997; 137: 374-379https://doi.org/10.1080/00224549709595448
- Self-Esteem and Body Satisfaction in Male and Female Elementary School, High School, and University Students.Sex Roles. 2004; 51 (doi:10.1023/B): 45-54
- Development of population based resilience measures in the primary school setting.Health Education. 2007; 107: 575-599
- California healthy kids survey resilience assessment module technical report.Public Health. 2001; (Published online): 37
- A methodological review of resilience measurement scales.Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2011; 9: 8https://doi.org/10.1186/1477-7525-9-8
Raikes A, Britto PR, Dua T.A Measurement Framework for Early Childhood: Birth to 8 Years of Age.; 2014.
- Cohort Profile: Taiwan Birth Cohort Study (TBCS).International Journal of Epidemiology. 2021; 50: 1430-1431ihttps://doi.org/10.1093/ije/dyab048
- Kinship and Family Support in Taiwan.Research on Aging. 1993; 15: 465-486https://doi.org/10.1177/0164027593154006
- Investigations of Temperament at Three to Seven Years: The Children's Behavior Questionnaire.Child Development. 2001; 72: 1394-1408
- The parent report form of the CHIP-child edition: Reliability and validity.Medical Care. 2004; 42: 210-220https://doi.org/10.1097/01.mlr.0000114909.33878.ca
- Functional Status II (R): A Measure of Child Health Status.Medical Care. 1990; 28: 1041-1055
- Feasibility and validity of the Health Status Classification System-Preschool (HSCS-PS) in a large community sample: The Generation R study.BMJ Open. 2018; 8: 1-10https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-022449
- Social Behavior Psychometric Analyses of the Positive Behavior Scale in the New Hope Project and the Panel Study of Income Dynamics.in: Indicators of Positive Development Conference. 2003: 1-31
- The MOS 36-item short-form health survey (SF-36): I. Conceptual framework and item selection.Medical Care. 1992; 30: 473-483https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-199206000-00002
WestEd. Social Skills Rating System Questionnaire - Teacher Form.
- Development and Psychometric Evaluation of the TAPQOL : A Health-Related Quality of Life Instrument for 1-5-Year-Old Children.Quality of Life Research. 2000; 9: 961-972
- California Healthy Kids Survey.Elementary School Survey, 2008 (2008-2009Published online)
California Department of Education. California Healthy Kids Survey Middle School Questionnaire, Module B, 2008-2009. Published online 2008.
- An index of factorial simplicity.Psychometrika. 1974; 39: 31-36https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02291575
- The Application of Electronic Computers to Factor Analysis.Educational and Psychological Measurement. 1960; 20: 141-151https://doi.org/10.1177/001316446002000116
- Some necessary conditions for common-factor analysis.Psychometrika. 1954; 19: 149-161https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02289162
- Effects of sample size, estimation methods, and model specification on structural equation modeling fit indexes.Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal. 1999; 6: 56-83https://doi.org/10.1080/10705519909540119
- Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: Conventional criteria versus new alternatives.Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal. 1999; 6: 1-55https://doi.org/10.1080/10705519909540118
- Psychometric Theory.3rd ed. McGraw-Hill, 1994 (Vol xxiv)
- Making sense of Cronbach's alpha.International Journal of Medical Education. 2011; 2: 53-55https://doi.org/10.5116/ijme.4dfb.8dfd
Chiang TL, Wu JCL.The Health Profiles of Taiwanese Children in the 21st Century: From Birth to Thirty-Six Months.; 2010.
- A new rating scale for adult resilience: What are the central protective resources behind healthy adjustment?.International Journal of Methods in Psychiatric Research. 2003; 12: 65-76https://doi.org/10.1002/mpr.143
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Funding: This study was supported by the Health Promotion Administration, Ministry of Health and Welfare, Taiwan (DOH96-HP-1702, DOH99-HP-1702, and DOH102-HP-1701). The funders had no involvement in the study design, data collection, data analysis and interpretation, and in the writing, preparation, or submission of this manuscript for publication.
Conflicts of interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.