Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Conron, K.J. LGBT Youth Population in the United States. (September 2020). The Williams Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Available at: https://escholarship.org/content/qt18t179cz/qt18t179cz.pdf. Accessed October 17, 2022.
- Youth risk behavior surveillance — United States, 2017.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2018; 67: 1-114https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6708a1
Institute of Medicine (US) Committee on Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Health Issues and Research Gaps and Opportunities. The health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people: building a foundation for better understanding. 2011.
- Differences in healthcare access, use, and experiences within a community sample of racially diverse lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning emerging adults.LGBT Health. 2016; 3: 434-442https://doi.org/10.1089/lgbt.2015.0124
- Sexual orientation and health among U.S. adults: national health interview survey, 2013.Natl Health Stat Report. 2014; : 1-10
- Injustice at Every Turn: A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey.National Center for Transgender Equality and National Gay and Lesbian Taskforce, Washington, DC2011
- Survey of curriculum on homosexuality/bisexuality in departments of family medicine.Family medicine. 1998; 30: 283-287
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender-related content in undergraduate medical education.JAMA. 2011; 306: 971-977https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2011.1255
The Joint Commission: Advancing Effective Communication, Cultural Competence, and Patient- and Family- Centered Care for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Community: A Field Guide. Oak Brook, IL 2011.
- Implementing Curricular and Institutional Climate Changes to Improve Health Care for Individuals Who Are LGBT, Gender Nonconforming, or Born With DSD.Association of American Medical Colleges, 2014
- Keeping our promise to LGBTQ+ patients.AAMC. 2019; (Available at:)https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/insights/keeping-our-promise-lgbtq-patientsDate accessed: October 18, 2022
- A call for LGBTQ content in graduate medical education program requirements.Acad Med. 2021; 96: 828-835
- Bridging the gap in graduate medical education: a longitudinal pediatric LGBTQ health curriculum.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 21: 1449-1457
- An active learning module teaching advanced communication skills to care for sexual minority youth in clinical medical education.MedEdPORTAL. 2016; 12: 10449https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10449
- Introductory learning of inclusive sexual history taking: an E-lecture, standardized patient case, and facilitated debrief.MedEdPORTAL. 2016; 12: 10520https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10520
- A mixed methods evaluation of an inclusive sexual history taking and HIV prevention curriculum for trainees.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 1279-1288https://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-019-04958-z
- Transgender health: a standardized patient case for advanced clerkship students.MedEdPORTAL. 2016; 12: 10518https://doi.org/10.15766/mep_2374-8265.10518
- Training to reduce LGBTQ-related bias among medical, nursing, and dental students and providers: a systematic review.BMC Med Educ. 2019; 19: 325https://doi.org/10.1186/s12909-019-1727-3
- Rainbows and “Ready for Residency”: integrating LGBTQ Health Into Medical Education.MedEdPORTAL. 2020; 16: 11013
- The next GME accreditation system—rationale and benefits.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1051-1056
- Longitudinal assessment of resident performance using entrustable professional activities.JAMA Network Open. 2020; 3e1919316
- Nuts and bolts of entrustable professional activities.J Grad Medl Educ. 2013; 5: 157-158https://doi.org/10.4300/JGME-D-12-00380.1
- Entrustable professional activities in health care education: a scoping review.Med Educ. 2019; 53: 766-777
Entrustable professional activities for general pediatrics. Available at: https://www.abp.org/content/entrustable-professional-activities-general-pediatrics. Accessed February 18, 2022.
- Core principles of assessment in competency-based medical education.Med Teacher. 2017; 39: 609-616https://doi.org/10.1080/0142159X.2017.1315082
- Sexual identity, sex of sexual contacts, and health-related behaviors among students in grades 9-12 - United States and selected sites, 2015.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2016; 65: 1-202https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.ss6509a1
- The use of entrustable professional activities in pediatric postgraduate medical education: a systematic review.Acad Pediatr. 2022; 22: 21-28https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2021.07.007
- EQual, a novel rubric to evaluate entrustable professional activities for quality and structure.Acad Med. 2017; 92: S110-S117
- Evaluating Training Programs: The Four Levels.Berrett-Koehler, 1994
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to report.