Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Leading causes for 2017.National Vital Statistics Report. 68. National Center for Health Statistics, 2019
- Adolescent Psychosocial Assessment: The HEEADSSS.J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv. 2017; 55: 24-27
- Reaching Teens.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove, IL2014
- Resilience in action: an evidence-informed, theoretically driven approach to building strengths in an office-based setting.Adolescent medicine: state of the art reviews. 2011; 22 (xi): 458-481
- Getting into adolescent heads: an essential update.Contemporary Pediatrics. 2004; 21: 64-92
Klein DA, Goldenring JM, Adelman WP. HEEADSSS 3.0: the psychosocial interview for adolescents updated for a new century fueled by media. 2014.
- Getting into adolescent heads.Contemporary Pediatrics. 1988;
- Adolescents’ and young adults’ perspectives on their emergency care.Pediatric emergency care. 2014; 30: 529-533
- HEADSS Up! Missed Opportunity for Psychosocial Screening in Hospitalized Adolescents.Hospital Pediatrics. 2021; 11: 417-421
- Attitudes, practices, and barriers to adolescent suicide and mental health screening: a survey of Pennsylvania primary care providers.Journal of primary care & community health. 2012; 3: 29-35
- Adolescent resilience: a framework for understanding healthy development in the face of risk.Annu Rev Public Health. 2005; 26: 399-419
- Situated learning in medical education.Academic Medicine. 2017; 92: 134
- Effect of communications training on medical student performance.Jama. 2003; 290: 1157-1165
- Comparison of YouthCHAT, an Electronic Composite Psychosocial Screener, With a Clinician Interview Assessment for Young People: Randomized Trial.Journal of medical Internet research. 2019; 21: e13911
- Getting beyond “good job”: how to give effective feedback.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 205-207
- Objective structured clinical examinations: 10 steps to planning and implementing OSCEs and other standardized patient exercises.Springer Science & Business Media, 2012
Ark T, Gillespie C, Hardowar K, et al. VALIDATION OF THE COMPREHENSIVE CLINICAL SKILLS EXAM (CCSE) MEASUREMENT MODEL. JOURNAL OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE. Vol 36: SPRINGER ONE NEW YORK PLAZA, SUITE 4600, NEW YORK, NY, UNITED STATES; 2021:S114-S115.
Chen A, Lee H, Gershgorin I, Paul S, Zabar S, Gillespie C. THE CONTRIBUTION OF PHYSICIAN CLINICAL SKILLS IN PATIENT ACTIVATION: WHICH SKILLS MATTER? JOURNAL OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE. Vol 31: SPRINGER 233 SPRING ST, NEW YORK, NY 10013 USA; 2016:S415-S416.
- Monitoring communication skills progress of medical students: Establishing a baseline has value, predicting the future is difficult.Patient education and counseling. 2019; 102: 309-315
- Are residents' test utilization patterns associated with their communication skills and patient centeredness? [meeting abstract].Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2019; (Conference)
- Opioid vs nonopioid prescribers: variations in care for a standardized acute back pain case.Substance Abuse. 2017; 38: 324-329
Hanley K, Watsula-Morley A, Altshuler L, et al. COMMUNICATION SKILLS AND VALUE-BASED MEDICINE: UNDERSTANDING RESIDENTS'VARIATION IN CARE USING UNANNOUNCED STANDARDIZED PATIENT VISIT. JOURNAL OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE. Vol 32: SPRINGER 233 SPRING ST, NEW YORK, NY 10013 USA; 2017:S143-S143.
- Communications training improved student performance: Findings from a controlled, 3-school experiment.JOURNAL OF GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE. 2003; (Vol 18: SPRINGER ONE NEW YORK PLAZA, SUITE 4600, NEW YORK, NY, UNITED STATES259-259)
- Medical students retain pain assessment and management skills long after an experiential curriculum: a controlled study.Pain. 2009; 145: 319-324
- Children in poverty: Resilience despite risk.Psychiatry. 1993; 56: 127-136
- Inspiring healthy adolescent choices: a rationale for and guide to strength promotion in primary care.Journal of adolescent health. 2007; 41: 525-535
- Using standardized patients’ marks in scoring postgraduate psychiatry OSCEs.Academic Psychiatry. 2009; 33: 319-322
- Who should rate candidates in an objective structured clinical examination?.Academic medicine: journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges. 1996; 71: 170-175
- Can standardized patients replace physicians as OSCE examiners?.BMC Medical Education. 2006; 6: 1-5
- The assessment of clinical skills/competence/performance. Academic medicine. 1990; 65: S63-S67