Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Health WSDo. Washington immunization scorecard. Online Scorecard. Washington State Department of Health. 2020. Available at: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Documents/Pubs/348-742-WashingtonImmunizationScorecard.pdf. Accessed December 1, 2020.
- Vaccination coverage with selected vaccines and exemption rates among children in kindergarten - United States, 2018-19 School Year.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2019; 68: 905-912https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6841e1
- Measles outbreak in Somali American community follows anti-vaccine talks.BMJ. 2017; 357: j2378https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.j2378
- Parental country of birth and childhood vaccination uptake in Washington State.Pediatrics. 2016; 138https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2015-4544
- The relationship between parent attitudes about childhood vaccines survey scores and future child immunization status: a validation study.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 1065-1071https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.2483
- A meta-synthesis study of the key elements involved in childhood vaccine hesitancy.Public Health. 2020; 180: 38-45https://doi.org/10.1016/j.puhe.2019.10.027
- Factors that influence vaccination decision-making by parents who visit an anthroposophical child welfare center: a focus group study.Adv Preven Med. 2012; 2012175694https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/175694
- Reasons parents exempt children from receiving immunizations.J School Nurs. 2012; 28: 153-160https://doi.org/10.1177/1059840511426578
- The factors that promote vaccine hesitancy, rejection, or delay in parents.Qual Health Res. 2020; 30: 1762-1776https://doi.org/10.1177/1049732320933863
- Parents' choices and rationales for alternative vaccination schedules: a qualitative study.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2015; 54: 236-243https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922814548838
- Underlying factors impacting vaccine hesitancy in high income countries: a review of qualitative studies.Expert Rev Vaccines. 2018; 17: 989-1004https://doi.org/10.1080/14760584.2018.1541406
- Vaccine hesitancy: definition, scope and determinants.Vaccine. 2015; 33: 4161-4164https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.04.036
- Vaccine hesitancy: an overview.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2013; 9: 1763-1773https://doi.org/10.4161/hv.24657
- Immunization attitudes and beliefs among parents: beyond a dichotomous perspective.Am J Health Behav. 2005; 29: 81-92
- Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on routine pediatric vaccine ordering and administration - United States, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2020; 69: 591-593https://doi.org/10.15585/mmwr.mm6919e2
- Impact that the COVID-19 pandemic on routine childhood vaccinations and challenges ahead: a narrative review.Acta Paediatr. 2021; 110: 2529-2535https://doi.org/10.1111/apa.15949
- Addressing parental vaccine hesitancy and other barriers to childhood/adolescent vaccination uptake during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.Front Immunol. 2021; 12663074https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.663074
- Evidence-based strategies to increase vaccination uptake: a review.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2020; 32: 151-159https://doi.org/10.1097/mop.0000000000000843
- Nonmedical exemptions from school immunization requirements: a systematic review.Am J Public Health. 2014; 104: e62-e84https://doi.org/10.2105/ajph.2014.302190
- Current landscape of nonmedical vaccination exemptions in the United States: impact of policy changes.Expert Rev Vaccines. 2019; 18: 175-190https://doi.org/10.1080/14760584.2019.1562344
- The architecture of provider-parent vaccine discussions at health supervision visits.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 1037-1046https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2013-2037
- Clinician-parent discussions about influenza vaccination of children and their association with vaccine acceptance.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 2709-2715https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2017.03.077
- Announcements versus conversations to improve HPV vaccination coverage: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2017; 139https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2016-1764
- Effect of a health care professional communication training intervention on adolescent human papillomavirus vaccination: a cluster randomized clinical trial.JAMA Pediatr. 2018; 172e180016https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2018.0016
- Physician communication training and parental vaccine hesitancy: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: 70-79https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-3199
- Previsit screening for parental vaccine hesitancy: a cluster randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2019; 144https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-0802
- Doing template analysis.in: Symon G Cassel C Qualitative Organizational Research: Core Methods and Current Challenges. Sage Publications, London, United Kingdom2012
- The Coding Manual for Qualitative Researchers.3rd ed. Sage Publications, Los Angeles, CA2016
- The Vaccine Book: Making the Right Decision for Your Child.Revised edition ed. Little, Brown Spark, Boston, Mass2011
Oliver J. Vaccines: last week tonight with John Oliver (HBO). 2020. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VG_s2PCH_c. Accessed November 9, 2022.
Penn Jillette and Teller. Penn and Teller on vaccinations. 2020. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfdZTZQvuCo. Accessed November 9, 2022.
- Neoliberal mothering and vaccine refusal: imagined gated communities and the privilege of choice.Gender Soc. 2014; 28: 679-704https://doi.org/10.1177/0891243214532711
- Mandate vaccination with care.Nature. 2019; 571: 469-472https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-019-02232-0
- MomsTalkShots: an individually tailored educational application for maternal and infant vaccines.Vaccine. 2019; 37: 6478-6485
- Exemptions from mandatory immunization after legally mandated parental counseling.Pediatrics. 2018; 141https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2017-2364
- Strategies intended to address vaccine hesitancy: review of published reviews.Vaccine. 2015; 33: 4191-4203https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2015.04.041
- The Immunity Community: a community engagement strategy for reducing vaccine hesitancy.Health Promot Pract. 2017; 18: 654-661https://doi.org/10.1177/1524839917697303
Advocates CI. Resources. Colorado immunization advocates. 2022. Available at: https://www.coimmunizationadvocates.org/resources.html. Accessed November 9, 2022.
- Parental attitudes and decisions regarding MMR vaccination during an outbreak of measles among an undervaccinated Somali community in Minnesota.Vaccine. 2020; 38: 6979-6984https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vaccine.2020.09.022
- Perspectives on the measles, mumps and Rubella vaccination among Somali mothers in Stockholm.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2018; 15https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph15112428
Hamel L KA, Lopes L, Kearney A, et al. KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: January 2021. Kaiser Family Foundation. 2021. Available at: https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/report/kff-covid-19-vaccine-monitor-january-2021/. Accessed February 9, 2021.
- How many focus groups are enough? Building an evidence base for nonprobability sample sizes.Sage Fam Studies Abstracts. 2017; 29: 3-22https://doi.org/10.1177/1525822X16639015
- Vaccination, politics and COVID-19 impacts.BMC Public Health. 2022; 22: 96https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-021-12432-x
- Role of mothers in assuring children receive COVID-19 vaccinations. San Francisco, CA:.Kaiser Family Foundation. 2021;
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest relevant to this article to disclose.