Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The effect of emergency department crowding on length of stay and medication treatment times in discharged patients with acute asthma.Acad Emerg Med. 2010; 17: 834-839
- The effect of emergency department crowding on clinically oriented outcomes.Acad Emerg Med. 2009; 16: 1-10
- Early administration of systemic corticosteroids reduces hospital admission rates for children with moderate and severe asthma exacerbation.Ann Emerg Med. 2012; 60 (.e83): 84-91
- Predictors of Hospital Admission for Pediatric Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome.J Pediatr. 2021; 232: 154-158
- The effect of emergency department crowding on patient satisfaction for admitted patients.Acad Emerg Med. 2008; 15: 825-831
- Patient-Reported Experience in the Pediatric Emergency Department: What Matters Most?.J Patient Saf. 2021; 17: e1166-e1170
- The Impact of Diagnostic Decisions on Patient Experience in the Pediatric Emergency Department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2021;
- Does reduced length of stay decrease the number of emergency department patients who leave without seeing a physician?.J Emerg Med. 1997; 15: 397-399
- The left-without-being-seen patients: what would keep them from leaving?.Ann Emerg Med. 2003; 42: 317-323
- Racial/ethnic disparities in emergency department wait times in the United States, 2013-2017.Am J Emerg Med. 2021; 47: 138-144
- Disparities in emergency department wait times for acute gastrointestinal illnesses: results from the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey, 1997-2006.Am J Gastroenterol. 2009; 104: 1668-1673
- Racial/Ethnic Differences in Pediatric Emergency Department Wait Times.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2022; 38: e929-e935
About NAMCS/NHAMCS. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ahcd/about_ahcd.htm#NHAMCS. Updated December 30, 2021. Accessed January 10, 2022.
HIPAA Privacy Rule Questions and Answers for NHAMCS. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ahcd/nhamcs_hipaa_privacy.htm. Updated June 16, 2021. Accessed January 10, 2022.
2010 Census Regions and Divisions of the United States. United States Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/geographies/reference-maps/2010/geo/2010-census-regions-and-divisions-of-the-united-states.html. Updated October 8, 2021. Accessed January 11, 2022.
Metropolitan and Micropolitan. United States Census Bureau. https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/metro-micro.html. Updated October 8, 2021. Accessed January 11, 2022.
Emergency Severity Index (ESI): A Triage Tool for Emergency Departments. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality,. https://www.ahrq.gov/patient-safety/settings/emergency-dept/esi.html. Updated May 2020. Accessed January 11, 2022.
- Variation in emergency department wait times for children by race/ethnicity and payment source.Health Serv Res. 2009; 44: 2022-2039
Reliability of Estimates. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/ahcd/ahcd_estimation_reliability.htm. Updated November 6, 20215. Accessed January 10, 2022.
- Association of race/ethnicity with emergency department wait times.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: e310-e315
- The Effect of Language on the Discharge Process in a Pediatric Emergency Department.J Immigr Minor Health. 2017; 19: 1397-1403
- Impact of language barriers on patient satisfaction in an emergency department.J Gen Intern Med. 1999; 14: 82-87
- Racial disparity in emergency department triage.J Emerg Med. 2013; 44: 511-518