Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Recent trends in income, racial, and ethnic school readiness gaps at kindergarten entry.AERA Open. 2016; 2https://doi.org/10.1177/2332858416657343
- Investing in the foundation of sustainable development: pathways to scale up for early childhood development.Lancet. 2017; 389: 103-118
Dorn E, Hancock B, Sarakatsannis J, et al. COVID-19 and learning loss—disparities grow and students need help 2020. 2020. Available at:https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/public-and-social-sector/our-insights/covid-19-and-learning-lossdisparities-grow-and-students-need-help. Accessed December 10, 2020.
- Economic, neurobiological, and behavioral perspectives on building America's future workforce.Proc Nat Acad Sci USA. 2006; 103: 10155-10162
- Raising the bar for evaluating effectiveness of early childhood interventions.Pediatrics. 2021; 148e2021052326https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2021-052326
- Heterogeneous treatment effects on children's cognitive/non-cognitive skills: a reevaluation of an influential early childhood intervention.Soc Sci Res. 2020; 86102389
- Better reporting of interventions: template for intervention description and replication (TIDieR) checklist and guide.Br Med J. 2014; 348: g1687
- A historical look at theories of change in early childhood education research.Early Child Res Q. 2019; 48: 146-154
- Leveraging healthcare to promote responsive parenting: impacts of the video interaction project on parenting stress.J Child Fam Stud. 2016; 25: 827-835
- 30 years of Reach Out and Read: need for a developmental perspective.Pediatrics. 2020; 145e20191958https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2019-1958
- Exposure to Reach Out and Read and vocabulary outcomes in inner city preschoolers.J Natl Med Assoc. 2002; 94: 171-177
- The impact of a clinic-based literacy intervention on language development in inner-city preschool children.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 130-134
- Developing quality fidelity and engagement measures for complex health interventions.Br J Health Psychol. 2020; 25: 39-60
- The FRAME: an expanded framework for reporting adaptations and modifications to evidence-based interventions.Implement Sci. 2019; 14: 58
- Reach out and read implementation: a scoping review [published online ahead of print, 2022 Dec 1].Acad Pediatr. 2022; S1876-2859(22)00572-1https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2022.11.012
- Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health: Translating Science to Practice.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY2018: 19-45
- Mixed method designs in implementation research.Adm Policy Ment Health. 2011; 38: 44-53
- Doing Qualitative Research.3rd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif2022
- Books and reading: evidence-based standard of care whose time has come.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 11-17
- Effectiveness of a primary care intervention to support reading aloud: a multicenter evaluation.Ambul Pediatr. 2005; 5: 209-215
- Literacy promotion for Hispanic families in a primary care setting: a randomized, controlled trial.Pediatrics. 1999; 103: 993-997
- Literacy promotion in primary care pediatrics: can we make a difference?.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: 927-934
- Pediatric interventions to support reading aloud: how good is the evidence?.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2004; 25: 352-363
- Clinician experiences with Reach Out and Read: an exploratory qualitative analysis.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 21: 961-967
- The role of clinic culture in implementation of primary care interventions: the case of Reach Out and Read.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 40-46
- Improving early literacy promotion: a quality-improvement project for Reach Out and Read.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: e1067-e1072
- Preventing Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral Disorders Among Young People: Progress and Possibilities.National Academies Press (US), Washington, DC2009https://doi.org/10.17226/12480 (Available at:)
National Center ROR. Our next chapter. 2022. Available at: https://reachoutandread.org/what-we-do/next-chapter/. Accessed September 1, 2022.
- Literacy promotion training and implementation in pediatric continuity clinics.Acad Pediatr. 2020; 20: 1013-1019
- Clinician perceptions on literacy promotion in pediatric continuity clinics.Acad Pediatr. 2022; 22: 1192-1199https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2022.05.021
- Literacy promotion strategies within Reach Out and Read: an exploratory study.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2018; 57: 1326-1331
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors report no conflicts of interest, financial or otherwise, in the production of this manuscript. This manuscript or parts of this manuscript have not been published elsewhere.