Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Sexual abuse in a national survey of adult men and women: prevalence, characteristics, and risk factors.Child Abuse Negl. 1990; 14: 19-28
- The lifetime prevalence of child sexual abuse and sexual assault assessed in late adolescence.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 55: 329-333https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.12.026
- Rape and Sexual Assault Victimization Among College-Age Females, 1995–2013.Washington DC, 2014
- Ten-year research update review: child sexual abuse.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2003; 42: 269-278https://doi.org/10.1097/00004583-200303000-00006
- Adult health status of women with histories of childhood abuse and neglect.Am J Med. 1999; 107: 332-339https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9343(99)00235-1
- The need for a comprehensive public health approach to preventing child sexual abuse.Public Health Rep. 2014; 129: 222-228https://doi.org/10.1177/003335491412900303
- STOP SV.National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2016
- Risk factors for child sexual abuse.Aggress Viol Behav. 2001; 6: 203-229
- Children as victims of violence: a national survey.Pediatrics. 1994; 94: 413-420
- Ethnicity and child sexual abuse experiences of female college students.J Child Sex Abus. 2005; 14: 67-89https://doi.org/10.1300/J070v14n03_04
- The 10 Largest Hispanic Origin Groups.2012
- Inadequate data limit the analysis of health disparities and causes: a call for research on youth interpersonal violence.J Interpers Violence. Oct 2021; 36: 9850-9856https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260519866246
- Transfer equity for “minoritized” students: a critical policy analysis of seven states.Educ Policy. 2014; 28: 669-717
- Racial and Ethnic Groups. 6th ed. HarperCollins College, New York, NY1993
- Sexual assault among diverse populations of women: common ground, distinctive features, and unanswered questions.in: Russo NF LH Handbook of Diversity in Feminist Psychology. American Psychological Association, Washington, DC2010: 391-425
- Comparisons of sexual victimization experiences among sexual minority and heterosexual women.J Interpers Violence. 2021; 36: NP4250-NP4270https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260518787202
- An integrative model for the study of developmental competencies in minority children.Child Dev. 1996; 67: 1891-1914
- A study of disruptive behavior disorders in Puerto Rican youth: I. Background, design, and survey methods.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2006; 45: 1032-1041https://doi.org/10.1097/01.chi.0000227878.58027.3d
- Developmental psychopathology and ethnicity I: the young adulthood assessment of the Boricua youth study.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2021; 60: 398-409https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaac.2020.02.015
- The effect of minority status and social context on the development of depression and anxiety: a longitudinal study of Puerto Rican descent youth.World Psychiatry. 2019; 18: 298-307https://doi.org/10.1002/wps.20671
U.S. Census Bureau, Census 1990, Summary File (SF1) generated by George Musa, M.A., using American Factfinder. Available at: http://factfinder.census.gov. Accessed January 27, 1999.
U.S. Census Bureau, Census and American Community Survey 2000, Summary File (SF1) generated by George Musa, M.A., using American Factfinder. Available at: http://factfinder.census.gov. Accessed September 4, 2001.
Federal Register 2001 HHS Poverty Guidelines. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services;2001:10695–10697.
- Family psychiatric screening instruments for epidemiologic studies: pilot testing and validation.Psychiatry Res. 1995; 57: 169-180https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1781(95)02632-7
- The correlation of family management practices and delinquency.Child Dev. 1984; 55: 1299-1307
- Antisocial Behavior and Mental Health Problems: Explanatory Factors in Childhood and Adolescence. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, Hillsdale, NJ1998
- A multivariate technique for multiply imputing missing values using a sequence of regression models.Survey Methodol. 2001; 27: 85-95
- Prior victimization: a risk factor for child sexual abuse and for PTSD-related symptomatology among sexually abused youth.Child Abuse Negl. 1995; 19: 1401-1421https://doi.org/10.1016/0145-2134(95)00104-9
- Sexually abused children in a national survey of parents: methodological issues.Child Abuse Negl. 1997; 21: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1016/s0145-2134(96)00127-5
- Community structure and crime: testing social disorganization theory.Am J Sociol. 1989; 94: 774-802
- Adverse childhood experiences and behavioral problems in middle childhood.Child Abuse Negl. 2017; 67: 391-402https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2016.11.005
- Disclosing unwanted sexual experiences: results from a national sample of adolescent women.Child Abuse Negl. 2004; 28: 147-165https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2003.09.014
- Delay in disclosure of childhood rape: results from a national survey.Child Abuse Negl. 2000; 24: 273-287
- The male victim of sexual assault.Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol. 2013; 27: 39-46https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpobgyn.2012.08.006
- Self-Reported amnesia for abuse in adults molested as children.J Trauma Stress. 1993; 6: 21-31
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.