Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The utility and challenges of using ICD codes in child maltreatment research: a review of existing literature.Child Abuse Negl. 2009; 33: 791-808https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2009.08.005
- Transition – Background.(ICD-10-CM/PCS) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015 (Updated November 6, 2015. Accessed March 18, 2022)
- What's new in ICD-10-CM in classifying child maltreatment?.Child Abuse Negl. 2011; 35: 655-657https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2011.04.002
- Council on child abuse and neglect. Abusive head trauma in infants and children.Pediatrics. 2020; 145e20200203https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-0203
- Using hospital discharge data to track inflicted traumatic brain injury.Am J Prev Med. 2008; 34: S157-S162https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2007.12.021
- Shaken baby syndrome in Canada: clinical characteristics and outcomes of hospital cases.CMAJ. 2003; 168: 155-159
- Early developmental, behavioral, and quality of life outcomes following abusive head trauma in infants.Child Abuse Negl. 2020; 108104643https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2020.104643
- Long-term impact of abusive head trauma in young children: outcomes at 5 and 11 years old.J Pediatr Surg. 2021; 56: 2318-2325https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpedsurg.2021.02.019
- The medical cost of abusive head trauma in the United States.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 91-99https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2014-0117
- Lifetime cost of abusive head trauma at ages 0-4, USA.Prev Sci. 2018; 19: 695-704https://doi.org/10.1007/s11121-017-0815-z
- Challenges in prevention of abusive head trauma.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 1093-1094https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2015.3023
- Identification of physical abuse cases in hospitalized children: accuracy of International Classification of Diseases codes.J Pediatr. 2013; 162: 80-85https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpeds.2012.06.037
- The accuracy of ICD codes: identifying physical abuse in 4 children's hospitals.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 444-450https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2015.01.008
- Assessing the accuracy of the International Classification of Diseases codes to identify abusive head trauma: a feasibility study.Inj Prev. 2015; 21: e133-e137https://doi.org/10.1136/injuryprev-2013-040924
- Pediatric Abusive Head Trauma: Recommended Definitions for Public Health Surveillance and Research.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA2012
- Accuracy of ICD-10-CM coding for physical child abuse in a paediatric level I trauma centre.Inj Prev. 2021; 27: i71-i74https://doi.org/10.1136/injuryprev-2019-043513
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Conflicts of Interest: All authors report providing expert testimony, as part of their clinical responsibilities, in cases of alleged maltreatment.