Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Gender identity, sexual orientation, and eating-related pathology in a national sample of college students.J Adolesc Health. 2015; 57: 144-149
- Exploring the association between eating disorders and gender dysphoria in youth.Eat Disord. 2017; 25: 310-317
- Mental health concerns and insurance denials among transgender adolescents.LGBT Health. 2017; 4: 188-193
- Suicidality, self-harm, and body dissatisfaction in transgender adolescents and emerging adults with gender dysphoria.Suicide Life Threat Behav. 2017; 47: 475-482
- Prevalence of self-injurious thoughts and behaviors in transgender individuals with eating disorders: a national study.J Adolesc Health. 2019; 64: 461-466
- Disordered weight management behaviors, nonprescription steroid use, and weight perception in transgender youth.J Adolesc Health. 2016; 60: 17-22
- Disordered eating behaviors among transgender youth: probability profiles from risk and protective factors: disordered eating behaviors among transgender youth.Int J Eat Disord. 2017; 50: 515-522
- Sexual and gender minority individuals report higher rates of abuse and more severe eating disorder symptoms than cisgender heterosexual individuals at admission to eating disorder treatment.Int J Eat Disord. 2020; 53: 541-554https://doi.org/10.1002/eat.23257
James S, Herman J, Rankin S, et al. The report of the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey. Available at:https://hdl.handle.net/20.500.11990/1299 Accessed August 20, 2021.
- Predictors of eating-related psychopathology in transgender and gender nonbinary individuals.Eat Behav. 2021; 42101527
Pham A, Kerman H, Alberton K, et al. Understanding the complex relationship between one’s body, eating, exercise, and gender-affirming medical care among transgender and nonbinary adolescents and young adults. Trans Health. [e-pub ahead of print]. doi: https://doi.org/10.1089/trgh.2021.0112.
- Eating disorder screening in transgender youth.J Adolesc Health. 2019; 65: 815-817
- Association of gender-affirming hormone therapy with depression, thoughts of suicide, and attempted suicide among transgender and nonbinary youth.J Adolesc Health. 2022; 70: 643-649https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2021.10.036
- Mental health outcomes in transgender and nonbinary youths receiving gender-affirming care.JAMA Netw Open. 2022; 5e220978https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.0978
- Endocrine treatment of gender-dysphoric/gender-incongruent persons: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 3869-3903https://doi.org/10.1210/jc.2017-01658
- Eating Disorder Examination Questionnaire (EDE-Q): norms for undergraduate men.Eat Behav. 2010; 11: 119-121https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eatbeh.2009.09.005
- Eating Disorder Examination Questionnaire (EDE-Q): an initial trial in Spanish male undergraduates.Eur J Psychol Assess. 2011; 28: 76-83https://doi.org/10.1027/1015-5759/a000093
- Measurement and construct validity of the Eating Disorder Examination Questionnaire Short Form in a transgender and gender diverse community sample.Psychol Assess. 2021; 33: 459-463
- DSM-5 Guidebook : The Essential Companion to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.5th ed. American Psychiatric Publishing, Washington, DC2014
- Body dissatisfaction and disordered eating in trans people: a systematic review of the literature.Int Rev Psychiatry (Abingdon, England). 2016; 28: 81-94https://doi.org/10.3109/09540261.2015.1089217
- Psychosexual development and eating disorders.Adolesc Med Clin. 2003; 14: 61
- Puberty as a critical risk period for eating disorders: a review of human and animal studies.Horm Behav. 2013; 64: 399-410https://doi.org/10.1016/j.yhbeh.2013.02.019
- Endocrine treatment of gender-dysphoric/gender-incongruent persons: an Endocrine Society clinical practice guideline.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2017; 102: 3869-3903
- OR15-01 blockers and bones: loss of absolute bone mineral density is common in trans- and gender- diverse adolescents treated with GnRHa.J Endocr Soc. 2020; 4https://doi.org/10.1210/jendso/bvaa046.1709
- Bone mineral density, osteoporosis, and fractures among people with eating disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2016; 133: 341-351https://doi.org/10.1111/acps.12556
- Efficacy and safety of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist treatment to suppress puberty in gender dysphoric adolescents.J Sex Med. 2016; 13: 1125-1132https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsxm.2016.05.004
- Cardiovascular health of youth during gender-affirming testosterone treatment: a review.J Adolesc Health. 2021; 69: 896-904https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2021.08.009
- Development and psychometric validation of the EDE-QS, a 12 item short form of the Eating Disorder Examination Questionnaire (EDE-Q).PLoS One. 2016; 11e0152744https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0152744
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.