Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
HPV and Cancer. CDC. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/hpv/statistics/cases.htm. Accessed February 7, 2022.
- National, regional, state, and selected local area vaccination coverage among adolescents aged 13-17 years - United States, 2020.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2021; 70: 1183-1190
- Cervical cancer incidence in young U.S. females after human papillomavirus vaccine introduction.Am J Prev Med. 2018; 55: 197-204
- Ten years of human papillomavirus vaccination in the United States.Acad Pediatr. 2018; 18: S3-S10
- Use of 9-valent human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine: updated HPV vaccination recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2015; 64: 300-304
- Sexual initiation, contraceptive use, and pregnancy among young adolescents.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 886-891
- Risk of female human papillomavirus acquisition associated with first male sex partner.J Infect Dis. 2008; 197: 279-282
- Trends in HPV vaccination initiation and completion within ages 9-12 years: 2008-2018.Pediatrics. 2021; 147e2020012765https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2020-012765
- Prevalence and characteristics of HPV vaccine hesitancy among parents of adolescents across the US.Vaccine. 2020; 38: 6027-6037
- Human papillomavirus vaccination trends among adolescents: 2015 to 2020.Pediatrics. 2022; 150e2022056597https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2022-056597
- HPV vaccine hesitancy: findings from a statewide survey of health care providers.J Pediatr Health Care. 2014; 28: 541-549
- Providers' perceptions of parental human papillomavirus vaccine hesitancy: cross-sectional study.JMIR Cancer. 2019; 5: e13832
- Provider communication about HPV vaccination: a systematic review.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016; 12: 1454-1468
- Clinician knowledge, clinician barriers, and perceived parental barriers regarding human papillomavirus vaccination: Association with initiation and completion rates.Vaccine. 2017; 35: 164-169
- Practice-, provider- and patient-level facilitators of and barriers to HPV vaccine promotion and uptake in Georgia: a qualitative study of healthcare providers' perspectives.Health Educ Res. 2020; 35: 512-523
- Disparities in healthcare providers' recommendation of HPV vaccination for U.S. adolescents: a systematic review.Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2021; 30: 1981-1992
- The REDCap consortium: building an international community of software platform partners.J Biomed Inform. 2019; 95103208
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Measuring determinants of implementation behavior: psychometric properties of a questionnaire based on the theoretical domains framework.Implement Sci. 2014; 9: 33
- Validation of the theoretical domains framework for use in behaviour change and implementation research.Implement Sci. 2012; 7: 37
- Designing and implementing behaviour change interventions to improve population health.J Health Serv Res Policy. 2008; 13: 64-69
- Why is announcement training more effective than conversation training for introducing HPV vaccination? A theory-based investigation.Implement Sci. 2018; 13: 57
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Epidemiology and Prevention of Vaccine-Preventable Diseases. Hall E., Wodi A.P., Hamborsky J., et al., eds. 14th ed. Washington, D.C. Public Health Foundation, 2021. Chapter 3.
- A new look at the statistical model identification.IEEE Trans Autom Control. 1974; 19: 716-723
- Announcements versus conversations to improve HPV vaccination coverage: a randomized trial.Pediatrics. 2017; 139e20161764https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2016-1764
- Effect of a health care professional communication training intervention on adolescent human papillomavirus vaccination: a cluster randomized clinical trial.JAMA Pediatr. 2018; 172e180016
HealthyPeople.gov. Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Available at:https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/immunization-and-infectious-diseases/objectives. Accessed June 30, 2022.
- Effectiveness of decision support for families, clinicians, or both on HPV vaccine receipt.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 1114-1124
- Effect of training pediatric clinicians in human papillomavirus communication strategies on human papillomavirus vaccination rates: a cluster randomized clinical trial.JAMA Pediatr. 2021; 175: 901-910
- Communicating with vaccine-hesitant parents: a narrative review.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 21: S24-S29
- Improving vaccination uptake among adolescents.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2020; 1CD011895
- Provider focused interventions to improve child and adolescent vaccination rates.Acad Pediatr. 2021; 21: S34-S39
- Interventions to increase HPV vaccination coverage: a systematic review.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2016; 12: 1566-1588
- Provider perspectives on multilevel barriers to HPV vaccination.Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2019; 15: 1784-1793
National Center for Health Statistics. Percentage of having a doctor visit for any reason in the past 12 months for children under age 18 years, United States, 2019—2021. National Health Interview Survey. 2022. Available at: https://wwwn.cdc.gov/NHISDataQueryTool/SHS_child/index.html. Accessed December 10, 2022.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.