Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Fryar MD, Carroll MD, Afful J. Prevalence of overweight, obesity, and severe obesity among children and adolescents aged 2–19 years: United States, 1963–1965 through 2017–2018. NCHS Health E-Stats. 2021. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hestat/obesity-child-17-18/obesity-child.htm. Accessed May 15, 2022.
- Racial and ethnic disparities in early childhood obesity.Pediatrics. 2018; 141e20170865https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2017-0865
- Identifying risk for obesity in early childhood.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e594-e601https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2005-2801
- Predicting adult obesity from childhood obesity: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Obes Rev. 2016; 17: 95-107https://doi.org/10.1111/obr.12334
- A systematic review of fast food access studies.Obes Rev. 2011; 12: e460-e471https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-789x.2010.00715.x
- Disparities and access to healthy food in the United States: a review of food deserts literature.Health Place. 2010; 16: 876-884https://doi.org/10.1016/j.healthplace.2010.04.013
- “You have to hunt for the fruits, the vegetables”: environmental barriers and adaptive strategies to acquire food in a low-income African American neighborhood.Health Educ Behav. 2011; 38: 282-292https://doi.org/10.1177/1090198110372877
- Low-income women's feeding practices and perceptions of dietary guidance: a qualitative study.Matern Child Health J. 2016; 20: 2510-2517https://doi.org/10.1007/s10995-016-2076-z
- Reducing racial/ethnic disparities in childhood obesity.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 731-738https://doi.org/10.1001/jamapediatrics.2013.85
- The role of responsive feeding in overweight during infancy and toddlerhood: a systematic review.Int J Obes. 2011; 35: 480-492https://doi.org/10.1038/ijo.2011.3
- Maternal perceptions of infant hunger, satiety, and pressuring feeding styles in an urban Latina WIC Population.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 29-35https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2009.08.001
- Feeding practices of low-income mothers: How do they compare to current recommendations?.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2015; 12: 1-11https://doi.org/10.1186/s12966-015-0179-3
- Maternal behavior and infant weight gain in the first year.J Nutr Educ Behav. 2009; 41: 169-175https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jneb.2008.06.005
- Food insecurity and obesogenic maternal infant feeding styles and practices in low-income families.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 254-261https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2011-3588
- Postnatal growth velocity and overweight in early adolescents: a comparison of rural and urban African boys and girls.Am J Hum Biol. 2014; 26: 643-651https://doi.org/10.1002/ajhb.22575
- Body mass index trajectories during infancy and pediatric obesity at 6 years.Ann Epidemiol. 2017; 27: 708-715https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2017.10.008
- Early rapid weight gain and subsequent overweight and obesity in middle childhood in Peru.BMC Obes. 2016; 3: 1-8https://doi.org/10.1186/s40608-016-0135-z
- A healthy weight for toddlers? Two-year follow-up of a randomized controlled trial of group well-child care.Clin Pediatr. 2016; 55: 1354-1357https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922815623230
- Well baby group care: evaluation of a promising intervention for primary obesity prevention in toddlers.Child Obes. 2016; 12: 171-178https://doi.org/10.1089/chi.2015.0212
- A randomized controlled trial of group well-child care: Improved attendance and vaccination timeliness.Clin Pediatr. 2020; 59: 686-691https://doi.org/10.1177/0009922820908582
- Achieving integration in mixed methods designs-principles and practices.Health Serv Res. 2013; 48: 2134-2156https://doi.org/10.1111/1475-6773.12117
- The Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology (STROBE) statement: guidelines for reporting observational studies.Bull World Health Organ. 2007; 85: 867-872https://doi.org/10.2471/blt.07.045120
- Consolidated Criteria for Reporting Qualitative Research (COREQ): a 32-item checklist for interviews and Focus Groups.Int J Qual Health Care. 2007; 19: 349-357https://doi.org/10.1093/intqhc/mzm042
A SAS program for the WHO Growth Charts (ages 0 to <2 years). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2019. Available at: https://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpao/growthcharts/resources/sas-who.htm. Accessed May 15, 2022.
- Crossing growth percentiles in infancy and risk of obesity in childhood.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 993-998https://doi.org/10.1001/archpediatrics.2011.167
- Automated identification of implausible values in growth data from Pediatric Electronic Health Records.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2017; 24: 1080-1087https://doi.org/10.1093/jamia/ocx037
- Development and validity of a 2-item screen to identify families at risk for food insecurity.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: e26-e32https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2009-3146
- Barriers and enablers to caregivers’ responsive feeding behaviour: a systematic review to inform childhood obesity prevention.Obes Rev. 2021; 22 ([e-pub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/obr.13228
- Starting early program impacts on feeding at infant 10 months age: a randomized controlled trial.Child Obes. 2020; 16: S4-S13https://doi.org/10.1089/chi.2019.0236
- Effect of a responsive parenting educational intervention on childhood weight outcomes at 3 years of age: the INSIGHT randomized control trial.JAMA. 2018; 320: 461-468https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.9432
- Barriers to the use of WIC services.J Am Diet Assoc. 2004; 104: 736-743https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jada.2004.02.028
- Caregiver perspectives on underutilization of WIC: a qualitative study.Pediatrics. 2022; 149e2021053889https://doi.org/10.1542/peds.2021-053889
- The nutrition benefits participation gap: barriers to uptake of SNAP and WIC among Latinx American immigrant families.J Community Health. 2019; 45: 488-491https://doi.org/10.1007/s10900-019-00765-z
- The theory of planned behavior.Organ Behav Hum Decis Process. 1991; 50: 179-211https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-t
- The influence of attitudes on behavior.2nd ed. The Handbook of Attitudes. Vol 1. Routledge, New York, NY2018: 197-255
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.