Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
National Resident Matching Program, Data Release and Research Committee: Results of the 2021 NRMP Program Director Survey. 2021. 〈https://www.nrmp.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/2021-PD-Survey-Report-for-WWW.pdf〉. Accessed March 2022.
- The big two dictionaries: Capturing agency and communion in natural language.Eur J Soc Psychol. 2019; 49: 871-887
- Ethnic/Racial Bias in Medical School Performance Evaluation of General Surgery Residency Applicants.J Surg Educ. 2021;
- Race and Gender Bias in Internal Medicine Program Director Letters of Recommendation.J Grad Med Educ. 2021; 13: 335-344
- Differences in Narrative Language in Evaluations of Medical Students by Gender and Under-represented Minority Status.J Gen Intern Med. 2019; 34: 684-691
- Agentic traits are associated with success in science more than communal traits.Pers Individ Dif. 2017; 106: 6-9
- “I think it, therefore it’s true”: Effects of self-perceived objectivity on hiring discrimination.Organ Behav Hum Decis Proc. 2007; 104: 207-223
- Science faculty’s subtle gender biases favor male students.Proc Natl Acad Sci. 2012; 109: 16474-16479
- Why is John More Likely to Become Department Chair Than Jennifer?.Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2015; 126: 197-214
- Gender and letters of recommendation for academia: agentic and communal differences.J Appl Psychol. 2009; 94: 1591-1599
- Influence of Gender on Surgical Residency Applicants' Recommendation Letters.J Am Coll Surg. 2019; 228e353
- The Presence of Gender Bias in Letters of Recommendations Written for Urology Residency Applicants.Urology. 2019; 134: 56-61
- Gender Differences in Language of Standardized Letter of Evaluation Narratives for Emergency Medicine Residency Applicants.AEM Educ Train. 2017; 1: 334-339
- Do gender and racial differences exist in letters of recommendation for obstetrics and gynecology residency applicants?.Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2021; 225 (554.e551-554.e511)
Forth T. Gender Bias Calculator. 〈https://www.tomforth.co.uk/genderbias/〉. Published 2013. Accessed February 2021 .
- Gender-Based Linguistic Analysis of Pediatric Clinical Faculty Evaluations.Acad Pediatr. 2022; 22: 324-331
Pediatric Physicians Workforce Data Book, 2020-2021. Chapel Hill, NC: American Board of Pediatrics; 2021. 〈https://www.abp.org/sites/public/files/pdf/workforcedata2020-2021.pdf〉. Accessed Feb 15, 2022 .
- Are There Gender-based Differences in Language in Letters of Recommendation to an Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program?.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2020; 478: 1400-1408
Assocation of American Medical Colleges. Diversity in medicine: facts and figures. 2019. 〈https://www.aamc.org/data-reports/workforce/interactive-data/figure-13-percentage-us-medical-school-graduates-race/ethnicity-alone-academic-year-2018-2019#:~:text=The%20largest%20proportions%20of%20medical,%2FEthnicity%20(8.0%25)%20individuals〉. Accessed Aug 15, 2022 .
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Data Resource Book. Academic Year 2020-2021. 〈https://www.acgme.org/globalassets/pfassets/publicationsbooks/2020-2021_acgme_databook_document.pdf〉. Accessed Aug 15, 2022 .
- Differences in words used to describe racial and gender groups in Medical Student Performance Evaluations.PLoS One. 2017; 12e0181659
- Physicians' implicit and explicit attitudes about race by MD race, ethnicity, and gender.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2009; 20: 896-913
- Gender and Racial Bias in Radiology Residency Letters of Recommendation.J Am Coll Radiol. 2020; 17: 64-71
- Improving Diversity in Pediatric Residency Selection: Using an Equity Framework to Implement Holistic Review.J Grad Med Educ. 2021; 13: 195-200
- Implementation of holistic review into emergency medicine residency application screening to improve recruitment of underrepresented in medicine applicants.AEM Educ Train. 2021; 5 (S10-s18)