- There has been increasing emphasis on the role of the pediatrician with respect to behavioral, learning, and mental health (MH) issues, and developmental behavioral rotations are now required in pediatric residency programs. We sought to examine whether this newer emphasis on MH is reflected in pediatricians' reports of their current practices.
- To examine the prevalence trends and coexisting conditions in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and intellectual disability (ID) in the pediatric Supplemental Security Income (SSI) population and general population.
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) affects almost 2.4 million US children. Because American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for ADHD recommend use of standardized diagnostic instruments, regular follow-up and the chronic care model, this pilot project sought to implement and assess an electronic registry of patients with ADHD combined with care coordination by a planned care team.
- To describe patterns in sweetened beverage consumption by race/ethnicity and sex, documenting both the amount and types of sweetened beverages consumed; and to examine the association of sweetened beverage consumption with hyperactivity/inattention symptoms among middle school students in a single urban school district.
- Use of complementary and alternative medical (CAM) therapies is common among adults with mental health concerns, but little is known about CAM use among adolescents with mental health concerns.
- The aims of our study were, among children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) compared with children with asthma: 1) to assess characteristics associated with parent report of having a medical home for children with either of these 2 conditions; 2) to determine whether, controlling for these characteristics, the likelihood of having a medical home differs between children with ADHD and asthma; and 3) to identify the specific components of a medical home that are lacking for children with these 2 conditions.